Conor Tee departs

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Conor Tee departs

Post by real diamond »

Probably the right move to trim the so called luxury players at present to protect and save budgets.

IMO now is the time to have a fans forum though, would be good to hear and speak to the new board and understand what the club is facing in the current climate.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: Conor Tee departs

Post by sussexdiamond »

For what he was being paid I don't think we got our moneys worth. I have only seen him play on about 8 occasions but he was never a stand out player. He was probably better than most but when I saw him he rarely passed the ball to a player in a better position, maybe he didn't trust them!!
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Not surprising , us and our next opponents are in a similar position but with differing reasons, we are both shedding players to trim the Budget as i think both teams know they are all but relegated and it would need a miracle to escape which would be up there with turning Water into Wine.

I also think that having a fans forum is not required and would distract the current board from the difficult duties they already have to organise and pay for a venue just to tell us what we really already know, its going to be depressing most weeks until the last week of April.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

A shame really, as I don't think we really saw the best of him and now he doesn't suit our style and is probably quite expensive, so the right move for all I would say
AFC R&D Member No. 67
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Biggles wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:35 am Not surprising , us and our next opponents are in a similar position but with differing reasons, we are both shedding players to trim the Budget as i think both teams know they are all but relegated and it would need a miracle to escape which would be up there with turning Water into Wine.

I also think that having a fans forum is not required and would distract the current board from the difficult duties they already have to organise and pay for a venue just to tell us what we really already know, its going to be depressing most weeks until the last week of April.
I respectfully disagree, the club has changed a lot since the last forum which from memory was pre season with Burg, we all know that since then times have been turbulent and as a member of the club I would be interested to know exactly how bad the situation is post the Burgess era.

I’m fully accepting relegation this year and actually it could well be a step back to go forwards but I think the members need some clarity on the situation now and for the future.

I’m also fully behind the new board and it’s clear that communication has improved leaps and bounds but on the subject of budgets I think it would be a worthwhile exercise to have a forum (even virtually to cut costs if needed)
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Such a shame but the right choice for all. He would have been an excellent addition to last years Peaksy team but was always struggling in this years team. Not enough quality around him, all the best to him. Save the money now to the end of the season ad use it next year towards getting back up.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I think we have to realise that a player who was so highly rated by Leicester City is plying his trade in the Southern League for a reason, he has shown glimpses of quality but not on a consistent basis. I also wonder why he has often been benched this season under all 100 of our managers, probably fitness issues.

At this level club can't afford to give a contract to a player who might come good, we should only give contracts to players who have played 10 games and shown us exactly what they bring to the team. I also wonder if giving a contract to certain players de motivates the ones who don't get put on contracts.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎