Hands Up

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Hands Up

Post by Biggles »

So how many of you are supporting Kidderminster Harriers and Blyth Spartans Today ???

Come 5 pm we may be having a good old chuckle :hehe:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Hands Up

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Lops might lose, but i Can't see Blyth getting a win to be honest
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I had an exchange with Jon Dunham on Twitter, he couldn’t understand why I wanted K*ttering to lose today, umm they’re our main rival! I’ll never want them to win, and I’m sure they feel the same way about us, especially our closet supporter James Loader!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:59 am Lops might lose, but i Can't see Blyth getting a win to be honest
You of little faith

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Not funny, not funny in the slightest...
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

All season long 2 of their fans have consistently been mocking our downfall with snide comments on literally all of our full time tweets, 2 months ago many of their fans were laughing at us getting relegated... Well, they aren't laughing now are they. :biggrin:

Yes we've been relegated but at least we know we have a manager in place who is capable of getting us back into this league and the future looks bright.

They have been relegated and have a manager on a 2 year contract who constantly makes excuses but has had all season and could barely string a run of 3 good results together... will they bounce back up? did they genuinely think Lee Glover was going to turn it round? or could they just not afford to sack him?
I doubt the Poppies will be be able to afford to buy the Southern League next year, their usual 'sign a former player from their Conference days' is probably a non starter as they've probably all be retired and if Lee Glover goes I think Mitch Austin will get the job.

We made a mistake in hiring a manager with a poor track record in Burgess and giving him far to long to sort it out - it resulted in fans becoming angry, a toxic atmosphere and board members departing.

They've made a mistake in hiring a manager who hadn't managed since George Bush was the president of the USA, given him far too much time, their chairman and people involved in the club have mocked fans who called for him to be sacked - looks to me like a recipe for a toxic and fragile future.

It's surreal that 2 teams in the same county could both just miss out on the play off's a year ago and then both follow it up with a relegation, it's a funny ole game.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:08 am All season long 2 of their fans have consistently been mocking our downfall with snide comments on literally all of our full time tweets, 2 months ago many of their fans were laughing at us getting relegated... Well, they aren't laughing now are they. :biggrin:

Yes we've been relegated but at least we know we have a manager in place who is capable of getting us back into this league and the future looks bright.

They have been relegated and have a manager on a 2 year contract who constantly makes excuses but has had all season and could barely string a run of 3 good results together... will they bounce back up? did they genuinely think Lee Glover was going to turn it round? or could they just not afford to sack him?
I doubt the Poppies will be be able to afford to buy the Southern League next year, their usual 'sign a former player from their Conference days' is probably a non starter as they've probably all be retired and if Lee Glover goes I think Mitch Austin will get the job.

We made a mistake in hiring a manager with a poor track record in Burgess and giving him far to long to sort it out - it resulted in fans becoming angry, a toxic atmosphere and board members departing.

They've made a mistake in hiring a manager who hadn't managed since George Bush was the president of the USA, given him far too much time, their chairman and people involved in the club have mocked fans who called for him to be sacked - looks to me like a recipe for a toxic and fragile future.

It's surreal that 2 teams in the same county could both just miss out on the play off's a year ago and then both follow it up with a relegation, it's a funny ole game.
Would one of those be James Loader by any chance? I wouldn’t know as I decided to block him years ago.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Well a bit odd ,strange time to announce the managers departure 10.30 on a Sunday Night, who had a spat with who ???
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I doubt that there was any falling out, it's probably the case that they've done their due diligence and they just can't afford him or his budget. They'd be wise to budget for stability next season cos there's little chance of competing with Coalville, nor the other really well run clubs at the top end.
AFC R & D member number 34
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:50 am Would one of those be James Loader by any chance? I wouldn’t know as I decided to block him years ago.
Yep, I'm sure he spends more time tweeting about the Diamonds than his own team, blocking doesn't work for me as I'm logged out most of the time when I view twitter.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎