The new season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: The new season

Post by sussexdiamond »

As an example. Tamworth announced the re signing of Eoin Mceowon only for a couple days later he signed for Buxton. Still time for him to choose somewhere else though.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

This conversation crops up every year as sure as the first siting of a cuckoo. Boring. most of these signings are not for clubs in our league (Spalding the exception). How can Daventry just a few weeks ago begging to be relegated now afford such players as Gyasi etc. Or how can Bedford sustain paying Collard reputedly £400 a week!
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I've seen lots of non league clubs announcing retained lists and signings - and that's fine.

I don't worry about us not having done that though, we've dropped down a league so I wouldn't blame the current players if they were waiting to see if they get better offers before committing to us.

Nunny I believe has said he'd like to keep all the squad that we finished the season with.

My view is that we have a manager who has proven to us that he can identify good, capable players and get them playing good stuff, I'm confident that he could assemble a good squad from trialists, he's shown that he's a good man manager and an organiser, this time he will be able to start with a blank canvas and sign players without having to move players on first, exciting times.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Ricky330
Has Liked: 304 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Still comes down to how big a budget Nunny is given IMO. Little concerned by Alex comments re a "sprinkling" of experience to go with "hungry young players" as I don't think that will be enough for top half finish IMO. All depends on the SOS campaign I guess🤔
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Great news about Luke committing himself to us for next season,a good lad with a positive attitude and will be a great captain who will lead by example,