2023/24 - Confirmed Staff & Squad List

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: 2023/24 - Confirmed Staff & Squad List

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Well it's certainly Project Reset isn't it?

Chris Nunn going back to the original AFCR&D operating model of signing young, hungry players that want to improve.

For my money that's a much better philosophy than going for mid pyramid journey men just around for the money.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Harriman Massingham & Hughes has potential to be the best back 3 in the league next season. Glennon bossing midfield & proven goal scorers in Jones & Johnson. Very strong spine taking shape. Add in a couple of flying wing backs & Pinto Leite (hopefully) in no.10 roll & the league "money" boys could have real problems facing us. Just need to persuade Sneds (no betting ban permitting) to stay 😃👍💎
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Ricky330 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:48 am Harriman Massingham & Hughes has potential to be the best back 3 in the league next season. Glennon bossing midfield & proven goal scorers in Jones & Johnson. Very strong spine taking shape. Add in a couple of flying wing backs & Pinto Leite (hopefully) in no.10 roll & the league "money" boys could have real problems facing us. Just need to persuade Sneds (no betting ban permitting) to stay 😃👍💎
Love to see the team coming together early before pre season even starting…

But to call Jones and Johnston ‘proven goal scorers’ is a HUGE stretch and is setting the expectations way too high. A little unfair on them. They are 20 and 21 years in age respectively and are being given the chance to show what they can do again after not having the rub of the green for whatever circumstances…

Can’t wait to see who we get in for goalkeeper!
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

GreekDiamond wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:34 am
Ricky330 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:48 am Harriman Massingham & Hughes has potential to be the best back 3 in the league next season. Glennon bossing midfield & proven goal scorers in Jones & Johnson. Very strong spine taking shape. Add in a couple of flying wing backs & Pinto Leite (hopefully) in no.10 roll & the league "money" boys could have real problems facing us. Just need to persuade Sneds (no betting ban permitting) to stay 😃👍💎
Love to see the team coming together early before pre season even starting…

But to call Jones and Johnston ‘proven goal scorers’ is a HUGE stretch and is setting the expectations way too high. A little unfair on them. They are 20 and 21 years in age respectively and are being given the chance to show what they can do again after not having the rub of the green for whatever circumstances…

'Proven goal scorers' , just giving both lads a boost for their confidence, maybe you could try it as well 😉 🤣
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

They will have my full support through the season. I just don’t think we need to lie about their past. I hope they’re both on 20 goals come April 👍
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I think we may have seen the New Keeper before in a Diamonds Shirt if he agrees to Join.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Biggles wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:25 pm Can’t wait to see who we get in for goalkeeper!

I think we may have seen the New Keeper before in a Diamonds Shirt if he agrees to Join.
Jake Gillingwater coming back?
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Biggles wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:25 pm Can’t wait to see who we get in for goalkeeper!

Loris Marcimain?
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

For me I'd put Glennon in the midfield section, although he's a good fit as cover in the back line. IMO, we still need another 7 or 8 players, and personally I'd like to see a little more experience in the squad.
It's a great start though.
AFC R & D member number 34
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

With another new signing, Jake Kerins coming in from Kempston, thats 6 dedenders and 9 players in total. Squad is starting to take shape with hopefully more to come. Chris Nunn obviously rates thus guy highly as he's already made him vice-captain