Lost [ Sat 12th Aug ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Aug ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:03 am It's nice to see more engagement on here.
We damned nearly lost our club last season and it's been a fight just to put any team on that green stuff so please bear with the club as it is still turning the corner.
We just lost to a play off team from last season by 1 goal, it's not a disaster. Just for perspective we're above big spending Harborough, fcuk knows where their money is coming from but I don't care.
It will be fine.
Agreed. This first month, featuring games against 3 of the 4 sides you'd probably tip to be in the hunt for the title, will be a steep learning curve for our boys. Khalsa were much more experienced and we'll get a lot of that, but as we pick up points and gain confidence I think we saw enough yesterday to suggest we can cause problems.

Really pleasing attendance yesterday, let's hope those extra fans continue to come back. If they do, we will get this Club back where it needs to be both on and off the pitch much quicker.

A couple of comments on here and social media about Chris. He has been on holiday for the past fortnight, he is back today and will be in the dugout from Tuesday onwards.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Questionable penalty in my opinion, midfield weren’t really at it.

Was hoping the ball to the head would knock some sense in to the referee but it didn’t, he was poor, the Khalsa players played him all game, even the Lino smiled when someone remarked on how poor the referee was.

Some positives to take, great attendance, let’s hope the result doesn’t put any new atendees from returning.
Although being a Tuesday night game, I can’t see us getting the number we got yesterday, I’d love to be proven wrong though!

Atmosphere was one of the best in a long time, was great to hear the de banke in full voice.
Last edited by AFCRD_Dan on Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Disappointing we didn’t get anything from the game but there were plenty of positives. Khalsa were one of the best teams in the division last year and whilst played well and to their strengths I saw nothing to make me concerned. An average team against the standards we have been playing against for the past few years. Harriman and Massingham are going to be the best defensive pairing in this division supported by a very decent keeper and others. Strikers I think we will be ok, we just need a bit more in midfield as I thought we were bullied a bit in there. We will see what we need to compete in this league over the next month and take the crazy money teams out of this (just go through the line ups of Harborough and Spalding from yesterday, it’s unbelievable) and we will be competitive. Great attendance and support on an awful day of weather. See you Tuesday.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »