Lost [ Tue 15th Aug ] v Spalding Utd, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: [ Tue 15th Aug ] v Spalding Utd, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Adrian »

The Spalding line up was like fantasy football, I'm glad we don't have a line up like that, it takes away enjoyment and is like a fat bloke fighting a skinny bloke. They will be spending a fortune to scrape 1-0 wins and celebrate them like they've won a world Cup while in reality they should be thrashing teams.

We will get better and grow, we still need a few more faces but at least we haven't made rush signings and given out contracts etc, building a competitive team without spending beyond our means is exciting and makes winning more enjoyable so am looking forward to see how we develop over the course of the season.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

At half time I was quite pleased, we had done well to keep things to 0-0.
I just hope we’ve played the best 2 teams in the league, if we have then it’s ok, we will get better and with some additions.
I really like how every single player gives their absolute all, I also like not harranging referees, we haven’t really seen that too much at step 3 but it’s very prevalent at step 4 so far.
Saturday is crucial, we wanted a cup run for 10 years and always had the worse luck with draws etc, so hopefully it can change.
With Jones out for a bit I hope we can get someone else in, maybe we can use our lottery build the budget to pay for it.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It's been fine margins over the first 2 games. We need to take the chances, and we need to contest every high ball into our box. Once we get a win under our belt we'll start to build momentum.
AFC R & D member number 34
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Last season we were also saying we just need to put the ball in the back of the net, thankfully this time around we have a manager who in terms of experience is like a pub ashtray, so if things aren't going the right way I would expect signings that WILL solve the problem rather than signings which we HOPE solve the problem.

For Jim Burnside I think the step up to the Southern Premier was a bit much but if we were relegated to the Southern Central I think we would still have him and he'd be good cover for Will Jones.

I always used to think Southern or Northern League doesn't matter but when you see promoted teams have an exodus of departures on the day league allocations are released, you realise the job is more tricky unless you have big fund to throw in to the mix.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV