Lost [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

I think the separate team building fund is a good idea and would support it. Bucket collection at the turnstile towards it would also help for those that wanted to contribute on an adhoc basis.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I also agree with reducing the prize money and putting it towards the team.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:59 pm On the lottery. Which I think is very good odds for participants by the way compared to a normal one, should have a change of percentages.

Last monthly Winner won £557.
Last quarterly winner won £1678.

Right now these are too much. Winnings for the moment should have a limit. Imo monthly to £200 and quarterly to £600.

With no changes that’s an extra £1425 to the club, which is £176 ish a week.

Like has been said, now is the time for an options for fans to donate to a fund that is for playing budget. Add that on and we have a chance to get players in that give us a chance to change things around.
100% this is what is needed! Please at least get this put out to a vote. I’m certain that the vast majority of fans sign up to the lottery simply to help out the club/playing squad, and if they win it’s just a nice bonus. This is a simple idea to put into effect and it has immediate dividends.
Lee Tomlin la la la
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:07 pm
My latest favourite is seeing people referencing the fact we almost made the play-offs at Step 3 18 months ago, either unaware, or forgetting, that the Club was totally unsustainable at that point in time, hemorrhaging money chasing something that we couldn't afford. It was fun though, it's just a shame that whilst we were chasing promotion to Step 2, our attendances were worse than they were at Step 6, otherwise that may be where we'd still be.
Not sure what you mean by that? So fans can’t look back on good times, just 18 months ago, while we’re currently sat bottom of step 4. That’s now 9 straight defeats, directly after enduring the season we’ve just had which also included 1 win in 19 games.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:18 pm
GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:59 pm On the lottery. Which I think is very good odds for participants by the way compared to a normal one, should have a change of percentages.

Right now these are too much. Winnings for the moment should have a limit. Imo monthly to £200 and quarterly to £600.

Like has been said, now is the time for an options for fans to donate to a fund that is for playing budget. Add that on and we have a chance to get players in that give us a chance to change things around.
100% this is what is needed! Please at least get this put out to a vote. I’m certain that the vast majority of fans sign up to the lottery simply to help out the club/playing squad, and if they win it’s just a nice bonus. This is a simple idea to put into effect and it has immediate dividends.
This. Mentioned this a while ago on here and think we really need to look into it and ask those who are contributing as what their thoughts are. I won £1400 once which was amazing don't get me wrong, but does seem a lot, I personally wouldn't have any issues if the 50:50 split was made more like 75:25 in favour of going towards the player budget as the motivation for me to contribute to the lottery had always been purely to help the squad.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

This has been raised a few times recently. I believe it would need the current lottery to effectively end with all the entries being cancelled down. It would then require everybody to re-engage on new terms. To me this feels like a huge gamble, I don't think we'd get anywhere near the same level of signups we have at present (think of the amount who will have simply forgotten they've signed up to it for example). The question is would we get enough subscribed to make it worthwhile. Nobody can answer that with any degree of certainty and it's very difficult to take that sort of gamble mid-season when the money is budgeted for.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

YoungDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:28 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:07 pm
My latest favourite is seeing people referencing the fact we almost made the play-offs at Step 3 18 months ago, either unaware, or forgetting, that the Club was totally unsustainable at that point in time, hemorrhaging money chasing something that we couldn't afford. It was fun though, it's just a shame that whilst we were chasing promotion to Step 2, our attendances were worse than they were at Step 6, otherwise that may be where we'd still be.
Not sure what you mean by that? So fans can’t look back on good times, just 18 months ago, while we’re currently sat bottom of step 4. That’s now 9 straight defeats, directly after enduring the season we’ve just had which also included 1 win in 19 games.
Don't have a problem with people looking back fondly at the past, but I do have a problem with "look how shit we are now compared to this" or "only 18 months ago we were this good" or "I can't believe how far we've fallen in 18 months" in direct response to club tweets viewed by thousands of people including players. That's not looking back on good times when the undercurrent is mocking the Club's current position. It's pointless negative PR that does nothing but whip up negativity.

GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:39 pm

This has been raised a few times recently. I believe it would need the current lottery to effectively end with all the entries being cancelled down. It would then require everybody to re-engage on new terms. To me this feels like a huge gamble, I don't think we'd get anywhere near the same level of signups we have at present (think of the amount who will have simply forgotten they've signed up to it for example). The question is would we get enough subscribed to make it worthwhile. Nobody can answer that with any degree of certainty and it's very difficult to take that sort of gamble mid-season when the money is budgeted for.
Can all current participants be informed of the change, with the reasoning of course. If they want to cancel they can, but at the same time a renewed push wit the video with the new %s to gain new participants. Stopping it and starting again seems very long winded and there must be a way around it.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:55 pm
Can all current participants be informed of the change, with the reasoning of course. If they want to cancel they can, but at the same time a renewed push wit the video with the new %s to gain new participants. Stopping it and starting again seems very long winded and there must be a way around it.
Does the club’s constitution prevent this? Because, as above, this seems a bit stringent when the club is in the situation it is now.
Lee Tomlin la la la
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:59 pm
GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:55 pm

Does the club’s constitution prevent this? Because, as above, this seems a bit stringent when the club is in the situation it is now.
Nothing to do with the constitution, it's the terms of the lottery. I must admit I don't know the exact Ts and Cs, I will look to get completely accurate info regarding what would be required and feed back.