Lost Sat 30th Sep ] v Hinckley LRFC, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: TODAY! [ Sat 30th Sep ] v Hinckley LRFC, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Rushdenjim »

FOOTYMAN wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:41 pm Oh dear, that was lesson of how to lose a game that we should have won. Fresh talented signings required.
Points out of a possible 30_________0.
Will we be relegated again ?
Thankfully only two go down and the bottom six aren't really picking up points. So despite our atrocious start to the season, we aren't completed cut off at the bottom at the moment.

It's becoming obvious that there is quite a gulf between the top half and bottom half in this league, losing to Hinckley isn't a game changer for our season, the loses to Coventry and Gresley were!
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

davealbon wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:30 pm I don't want to detract from how bad the ref was today (he was f***ing atrocious), but if you give the ball away as cheaply as we did for their goals, miss absolute sitters as we did twice in the first half, and are as poor as we were in possession throughout the second half, you're not going to win, or even draw, many games.

It might have been different had the ref not bottled the penalty decision for the trip on Edge in the first half, but the win was there for the taking today, and we only have ourselves to blame for losing it.
Didn’t we also have him for the Khalsa game? He took the ball to the face. Obviously hasn’t knocked any sense in to him. The Lino on the bar side was equally as clueless.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: Sat 30th Sep ] v Hinckley LRFC, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Olly »

Just watched the highlights and slowed it done and zoomed in on a few of the refereeing decisions and it is pathetic how bad he got some of them yesterday, the most blatant penalty you'll ever see, one of their players jumping in with an elbow to the head and he doesn't even give a foul, impossible to see on video whether it was a goal or not and then of course two obvious corners in the second half that he bizarrely gave goal kicks for. Yes, we can only blame ourselves for not taking chances again and letting in soft goals, but on another day with a referee who can see we would have had a penalty and I think would have got something out of that game.

Don't get me wrong, I am still very concerned about this disaster of a start and the table doesn't lie etc etc, but I certainly haven't resigned myself to relegation already like some on here. Yesterday was a team with 7 out of 7 defeats against an unbeaten team near the top, it should have been an easy win for them, but on another day where we got the penalty or that late goal line scramble had properly gone in, we would have taken a good point out of it and overall while obviously they were, as always, more street smart than us which got them the 3 points, we weren't exactly miles off the pace.

We went on a dismal losing streak of 9 games under Chris last season where everything seemed to go against us and the team's inexperience was exposed and it felt like it was never going to end despite improving performances, but once we stopped the rot and finally avoided defeat against Bromsgrove, we managed 4 wins, 3 draws and only one loss in our next 8. We can't afford for this losing streak to go on much longer, but I still believe that once we get our first positive result our form will change like it did last season. This team is inexperienced and has had a horrible start, but if, and I realise it is a big IF, we can lose the silly little errors that give away goals, and improve our finishing, then we will start to win games like we did last season.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If our players are so poor, how come so many of them are being sought by other clubs. At least four have been subject of 7 day notices. Thankfully for now the individuals are committed to getting us out of this mess, but for how long is anybody s guess.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV

SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:29 pm If our players are so poor, how come so many of them are being sought by other clubs. At least four have been subject of 7 day notices. Thankfully for now the individuals are committed to getting us out of this mess, but for how long is anybody s guess.
Depends where the seven dayers are coming from. Step Five and Six and that's the level that someone else views them at.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:15 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:29 pm If our players are so poor, how come so many of them are being sought by other clubs. At least four have been subject of 7 day notices. Thankfully for now the individuals are committed to getting us out of this mess, but for how long is anybody s guess.
Depends where the seven dayers are coming from. Step Five and Six and that's the level that someone else views them at.
At least one is same level as us and not sure if they are Step 3 now. Either way we are attracting predators and how long can we hold onto them.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

For one player we received two approaches, both from clubs in step 4

For one player we have received 3 approaches from clubs in steps 3, 4 & 5

For one player we received an approach from a club in step 4
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

One thing about Saturday was i thought a decent crowd considering we are bottom of the league ( with very few away support ) gives you an idea of what we could get if we were at the other end of the table