Nuneaton in trouble

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Nuneaton in trouble

Post by sussexdiamond »

They were served an eviction notice yesterday and had to play their home match last night at Hinckley.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Nuneaton in trouble

Post by STAGMAN »

I DID WONDER WHAT HAD GONE ON WHEN I SEE LAST NIGHT THAT THEY WERE PLAYING AT HINCKLEY
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

'this may sadly be the last time that Boro play'

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneaton ... 15560.html

Despite everything we are going through at least we're keeping afloat and still have a team to support.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

oliv272 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:00 pm 'this may sadly be the last time that Boro play'

Despite everything we are going through at least we're keeping afloat and still have a team to support.
I’m sure the non league football community will be devastated that overspending, overhyped Nuneaton are in big trouble, or will we all just have a quick chuckle and move on.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:50 pm
oliv272 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:00 pm 'this may sadly be the last time that Boro play'

I’m sure the non league football community will be devastated that overspending, overhyped Nuneaton are in big trouble, or will we all just have a quick chuckle and move on.
Never the most friendly place to visit, rather over officious stewards. Their forum is always interesting with lots of lively debate, but at present mostly doom and gloom. When are St Albans visiting Eastbourne as I could be tempted to go to that game. It's only 10 mins from me but I don't normally have any inclination to watch them.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Brownie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:50 pm

Regardless of how a club is run, its the fans that suffer, they are the ones who have invested money every week to watch them play and probably donated large amounts over the years too.

Before thinking 'oh well' we should look at our own team?

R&D.
Overspent, ended up bankrupt and closed down.

AFC R&D.
Seemed to be sensible doing it the right way, then employed an ex football league player with no managerial experience, overspent and gave him extra money to spend which totally ruined the already difficult financial situation, then allowed a board member to become manager.

AFC R&D The Rejuvenated.
Raised a lot of money during the summer - thanks to a fundraiser which wouldn't have been anywhere near as popular if it wasn't for the fact the old team were in the football league.
Now we have hired an ex football league player with no managerial experience, despite also being in a difficult financial situation, only difference is this one doesn't list R&D as a former club.

Ex football league players under 45 are not cheap as managers, despite the huge risks that hiring one brings they don't have a big book of contacts to magic up signings, maybe the odd loan from an ex club or players who they know from the youth teams at ex clubs who didn't make it higher up the chain.

They are usually on more money than experienced mangers at the same level which is madness in itself, so that may put us into the 'overspent' box again.

Last year we thought we had hit rock bottom and things could only get better, this year we have shown that we can go one better and do it all over again.

Except this time the situation is even more dangerous, we can't have another legends day in the summer to raise thousands of vital much needed pounds, so this time with dwindling support we are going to have to raise that money somehow.

Taking the exact same risk again shows we haven't learnt any lessons from 12 months ago, so if we go bust, you and other non league fans won't have any sympathy for us either then.

I for one hope that Nuneaton get their problems sorted purely so that their fans have a team to support.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

You could look at it another way.
R&D Overspent, had a fantastic ride into the league and then crashed
AFCRD - picked up the pieces had a fantastic ride to step 3, then reached the limit of our resources, manager left (look at him now!!), picked the wrong manager as a replacement then replaced him with another wrong manager. The board had already decided they had, had enough, EGM called new board stepped forward, picked the right manager but that didn't work either, resources whilst not what they were, are very competitive this season. New ex league manager and more importantly ex AFCRD legend who has been around this level and with us for a number of years, should be a good combination with a competitive budget.
Alex has already stated we had in fact underspent this year.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

They've been sold today - however reading their fans forum - it looks a bit "out of the frying pan into the fire"
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

This is still rumbling on. A bit of a player exodus in the last 24 hours as well.
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

Yeah - they sold to a company, who issued no statements whatsoever then quit 2 weeks later. Now the managers gone - and it's widely rumoured he was the one paying all the players. Some tough times ahead for Nuneaton fans
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.