Match Postponed [ Sat 2nd Dec ] v Quorn FC, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Dec ] v Quorn FC, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

There was literally no way this was going to be on, surprised it took an hour to be announced
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

The ref couldn't get to the ground until after 11 so it was not over an hour
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

So after today’s results it clearly is going to be 2 from 4 (possibly 5 if you count Cambridge City) that go down. After such a shocking start to the season we could be off bottom if we won our 2 games in hand (easier said than done at the moment) but survival is not a long shot. However we have simply got to start picking up points. Can’t wait much longer. Still about 2 or 3 players short especially a striker who can score goals. Starting with a tough trip to Lye on Saturday.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:36 pm
Rushdenjim wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:42 pm Pitch Inspection 10:30am. With temperatures dropping to -4 tonight, I'm not sure why it's not just been called off today?!
Consider yourself fortunate being at home! Truro away tomorrow anyone🤦‍♂️
At least St Albans got a game. Taunton came to Eastbourne and match was abandoned due to fog, something an all weather pitch cannot help with!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:19 pm So after today’s results it clearly is going to be 2 from 4 (possibly 5 if you count Cambridge City) that go down. After such a shocking start to the season we could be off bottom if we won our 2 games in hand (easier said than done at the moment) but survival is not a long shot. However we have simply got to start picking up points. Can’t wait much longer. Still about 2 or 3 players short especially a striker who can score goals. Starting with a tough trip to Lye on Saturday.
We have a decent enough goals against column. There are 5 teams above us who have conceded more plus 2 others with 1 goal less against. The whole focus is our pathetic goal scoring column. I don't care if we have to resign Alfie Taylor, the Flamingo, Dunks and Faz. We need some power up front and a goal hanger, I'd even take a 50% Shanks at this stage.
AFC R & D member number 34
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:19 pm So after today’s results it clearly is going to be 2 from 4 (possibly 5 if you count Cambridge City) that go down. After such a shocking start to the season we could be off bottom if we won our 2 games in hand (easier said than done at the moment) but survival is not a long shot. However we have simply got to start picking up points. Can’t wait much longer. Still about 2 or 3 players short especially a striker who can score goals. Starting with a tough trip to Lye on Saturday.
Indeed, it was nice to see Rugby and Gresley get thrashed yesterday, Gresley in particular are in a real bad patch at the moment and unlike them we don't get well beaten against anyone, we rarely concede more than 2 goals. But we have had what is sadly a losing mentality this season, and we have just one measly point in 3 games against our nearest relegation rivals and the inability to score still has not shown any signs of improving. Surely there is a UCL striker somewhere that we could sign, even step 6?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

The trouble is a proven goalscorer at Step 5 or 6 who scoring goals for fun is probably in a team with a chance of promotion. You are enjoying your football, scoring goals. Why would you come to a team low in confidence and bottom of the league? It really is a difficult one and I am convinced plenty of 7 day approaches have gone in over the past few weeks.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Olly wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:00 pmSurely there is a UCL striker somewhere that we could sign, even step 6?
I think Jim Burnside proved last season that a good scoring record two leagues below our level does not equal goals at our level. And I believe Will Jones had a good strike rate at Bugbrooke last season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

There are no pitching NL midlands fixtures scheduled for feb 10th,so an obvious date for rearranging this game and all the others postponed on Saturday. But I bet there is a rule somewhere to scupper that idea! So we can look forward to another cold or wet Tuesday night in January
@fan89footy
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by @fan89footy »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:00 am There are no pitching NL midlands fixtures scheduled for feb 10th,so an obvious date for rearranging this game and all the others postponed on Saturday. But I bet there is a rule somewhere to scupper that idea! So we can look forward to another cold or wet Tuesday night in January
Rushden & Higham are using Hayden Road on Saturday 10th February.