Lost [ Sat 16th Dec ] v Spalding Utd, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Dec ] v Spalding Utd, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by davealbon »

Adrian wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:07 am The manager isn't learning either.

The interview tonight, about a minute or two in he says how we had a great chance playing it out from the back.

Woop we were able to create one chance playing it out from the back.

Even if it went in we would have lost 3 - 1.

It's like the Burgess era again, I certainly hope we are not paying an ex football league player more to manage us than we were playing Chris Nunn last season.

A manager thinking we can play it out from the back at this level is deluded, thinking we can do it with a small budget is even more deluded, totally disrespectful to the other clubs, if it was possible 10 or more of the other clubs in this league would be doing it.

Sadly the board have let us down again in appointing someone on the back of one good result. It's a disgrace how come summertime those same board members will expect us to donate money and also trust them to spend it wisely.

Last season I remember the manager telling us we were trying to sign a striker every week too

To mess up this new club in a short space of time is shameful, I'd rather we started a new club in the UCL again so the absolute embarrassment of the past 2 years is wiped away. I feel bad for the elderly fans who supported this new club and have sadly passed, they wouldn't have predicted it could be destroyed so badly, someone doing a sabotage attempt couldn't have done such an effective job at the destruction.
And what the f*** have you done to help the situation? Absolutely f*** all I'm guessing. Publicly attacking the very people who have kept the club functioning in extremely difficult circumstances is pathetic. I'm sure those fans who are sadly no longer with us would be grateful to the board for saving the club from extinction a second time, just as the majority of the fanbase are.

Please do us all a favour and f*** right off, you childish, entitled, keyboard warrior.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Mitch white and agemoh-davies were on Wellingborough's bench yesterday, what does that say about the current situation? It's obvious that lads would rather get 20 minutes in the ucl than play 90 for us. Yesterday,'s performance was one of the worst I've ever seen, even though the players tried, they are of a limited standard. I actually think spalding took it easy on us as they could have battered us second half. Like already mentioned, I think that's pretty much relegation confirmed. Nobody wants to join us, knowing they're going to get beat beat every week, when they can get paid more money in leagyes below
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Putting aside that fact that the last paragraph of Adrian's post is one of the most insulting and frankly ignorant posts ever, it may be time to reconsider where the club should be based on it's income streams.

Grassroots football is getting harder, bang average players are expecting £50 a week, decent players double that and around here you have clubs that can pay that.

I've seen posts saying get a Step 6 striker in, well the best local Step 6 striker is getting a decent weekly whack plus a goal bonus.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

To mess up this new club in a short space of time is shameful, I'd rather we started a new club in the UCL again so the absolute embarrassment of the past 2 years is wiped away. I feel bad for the elderly fans who supported this new club and have sadly passed, they wouldn't have predicted it could be destroyed so badly, someone doing a sabotage attempt couldn't have done such an effective job at the destruction.
Absulute disrespect to the people that came forward, no doubt you just sat at the back and just heckled, if you can do better why was your name not on the election list recently ??

Nothing is actually destroyed, the club is going through its down cycle afte years of an up cycle, it happens its called football.

For our club that just relies on members and fans for its funding Covid was a nightmare and yes some mistakes were made in the past but that happens nobody is perfect (except yourself Adrian) .

If the UCL comes we have to accept it and carry on the best we can, it seems we have quite a few sugar daddies around this county nowdays
digging in their pockets and funding the dream of promotions to the higher non league divisions and we dont have a sugar daddy just us poor fans
digging into our limited pockets and yes we are a poor option for many players as they can get better deals elsewhere.

So Adrian put in an offer to buy us out, as you know how to run our club better than anyone else, look forward to seeing your prospectus and election manifesto.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Some very bizarre posts already on this thread. We played yesterday against a team of cash followers, probably 2 of their players equate to our whole weekly budget. On paper It’s a mismatch of epic proportions yet I didnt think we were that bad. 2 sloppy goals didn’t help but agree that I thought they could have gone up a gear if needed. As for our current predicament you have to look back to the Burgess appointment, probably should have said thank you but no thanks after failing to get in the playoffs but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Once we got rid of all the senior players it was always going to be a challenge and that’s proved correct and we are now trying to build another team which may or may not save us this season. To think there are managers lining up to want to come to us is wishful thinking and the latest recruitment attempt proves that. 4 points doesn’t lie and we have been guilty of so many poor decisions, mistakes, failed chances, etc and we are there for a reason. A bit difference in luck and chances taken we would probably be on 15-20 points. Yesterday was a free hit which I believe the next 3 games are too. Our season really starts on January 6th with the visit of Gresley, with Rugby, Cambridge and Coventry sphinx not long after along with other winnable games it is still in our hands. BUT, we need that striker and probably at least one other. I think Inman is a fantastic player. Add the centre halves, Garwood (who is growing each week), Jones, Anderson, etc and we are not far off. Must win games are coming soon, the ones against Corby, Harborough and maybe Khalsa are not going to be the ones that keep us up (but would happily take the points).
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

To add, trawl through the social media’s to see the amount of clubs that are in serious trouble. North Shields being the latest this week. If we go into the UCL so be it. Do I want to, of course not but winning games makes people come to matches and we may have to drop again to start the climb back to where we belong which in my opinion is step 3.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Here’s a new opinion, which I haven’t seen posted on here yet - a lot of our defensive woes begin and end with the fact our keeper couldn’t kick a ball to save his life! Having just looked at the fact he is about to win player of the month, the only thing that tells me is that our fans clearly haven’t been to many of the matches in November, and have just voted based off the Twitter or radio commentary (**which is fine**). But so long as he keeps receiving plaudits we are going to keep conceding stupid goals! I’m not saying we have to play out from the back, obviously not, but confidence is 100% built from the back, and the goalkeeper has a huge part to play in that. The amount of times he kicks it into touch, in the complete opposite direction, or to another player is absolutely woeful. I agree we need a striker but please don’t be fooled by the few theatrical saves our keeper pulls off every so often, he needs replacing too! P.S. the fact that Garwood hasn’t won the player of the month again is criminal - he’s head and shoulders above everyone else and we are lucky to have him. That’s coming from someone who was hyper-critical of him in preseason/ the first few league games. If these lads improve, they deserve to be applauded and we will give them their due credit!
Lee Tomlin la la la
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I actually think Rose has been decent. Probably at fault for yesterday’s two goals mind.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:14 am I actually think Rose has been decent. Probably at fault for yesterday’s two goals mind.
I suppose we all watch the game through different eyes, he gives me a heart attack every time I watch the ball come anywhere near him.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Diamonds47
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Diamonds47 »

I’ve held off posting on here for a long time but it’s hard not to after yesterday.

Firstly, George Rose was at fault for at least two of the goals yesterday, caught out by their strikers and ultimately one of his mistakes led to Purse being sent off. He blows hot and cold and I think Snedker was always a tough act to follow for anyone but the fact the guy has no competition means it doesn’t really matter what he does as he will be picked regardless. You’ve got Ben Heath moving clubs multiple times a season and happy to sit on the bench for spalding yesterday, surely there’s a keeper wanting to come and challenge Rose for his place?!

It’s frustrating to see the basics missing each and every game. I can’t remember the last time I saw us string passes together successfully. There were points yesterday where a player would attempt to get the ball, the spalding player would skip past them and then they’d have acres of space. Not one of our players backing up their team mate. You don’t need an experienced manager to resolve that issue!

The basics are missing. Simple passes, closing players down/backing up team mates and finally getting players into the box when we actually do manage an attack. I’m not singling any players out here, it’s every single player who needs to do this. You don’t need ability to do these basic things in a game!

We saw us go on a good run once the pressure was off last season and we started doing the basics right which led to results. We need to strip training back and start from there! Let’s be honest, things can’t get much worse!

I really hope we can turn it around, the new signings can start to make an impact and we can get suspensions out of the way and avoid further red cards but I’m finding it hard to be optimistic right now! I’m hoping future posts I can be a bit more positive!