Won [ Sat 20th Jan ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Jan ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

It’s a great ground but what was with the toilets!! Toilet block not open so everyone had to use the ones in the clubhouse. Trying to get hundereds of people through one door wasnt the greatest.
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

I think it’s safe to say we’ve waited a long time for an away win and a clean sheet! We showed from early on that we were the better side and fully deserved the lead. Getting the first goal for once just makes the world of difference and you could tell that Rugby were starting to panic. Nice to see us keep our noses in front at the start of the second period and to go 2-0 up away from home felt surreal! The pressure that was exerted on us at times in the second half we dealt with comfortably and Ben Heath barely had a single shot to save throughout.

The recent signings of Ngwa, Emery, Taylor and Heath have helped make us into a totally new team altogether to the one we had a few weeks ago. The difference is night and day. Luke Emery is just the striker and target man we’ve been crying out for. He holds the ball up well, has excellent feet and is a real presence up top. What an impact he has made. This victory is the massive boost that everybody at the club needed. Yesterday’s performance has to be the blueprint for the rest of the season. A few more wins like that and there is a serious chance we could at least take it to the wire!
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights from AGCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Goal highlights with Radio Diamonds commentary

AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Must have replayed the goals over twenty times, so good to see us win.

After initially being skeptical about Harriman’s appointment he’s starting to win me round. Let’s take that result in to Saturday and pull off a shock!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I think Ciaro is getting better with every game now he some one to play off
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:42 pm Must have replayed the goals over twenty times, so good to see us win.

After initially being skeptical about Harriman’s appointment he’s starting to win me round. Let’s take that result in to Saturday and pull off a shock!
He needs to be given time. even if we're relegated, then he still needs the support to try and push for promotion. Some of these young lads are really coming on and with game time they'll only improve. We dont actually want to lose him as a player either, he was a rock on saturday.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The starting eleven on Saturday plus Wilson, Scott, Wyatt, Dean and Thomas make a reasonable squad. Pity we didn't have them all from the start. Only Harriman and Pinto Leite (plus sub Thomas) were part of our only other league win v Coleshill.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:14 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:42 pm Must have replayed the goals over twenty times, so good to see us win.

He needs to be given time. even if we're relegated, then he still needs the support to try and push for promotion. Some of these young lads are really coming on and with game time they'll only improve. We dont actually want to lose him as a player either, he was a rock on saturday.
I also was not convinced about Harriman/Lorraine. But things are now looking rosier, very similar to Nunns time in charge. For both it took about 10 games to see any success, let's hope Michael can now match or better Nunns final games last season. I think I'm correct in saying that seven of last Saturdays team are Harriman signings plus Corden who did not feature in Nunns plans.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:14 pm

I agree, Alex actually responded to one of my posts regarding the Harriman appointment, which made me take a step back and think about it logically.

Also I respected Nunn, but it was pointed out by ‘Lawman’ that he wasn't interested in pre-season, was just about scraping past sub standard opposition, no gelling of players. Again it was something that gave me food for thought. So essentially Michael & Tom had to scrape the barrel for players whilst we were bottom of the league, no easy task to attract players in that situation.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73