Won [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Sutton Coldfield Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Sutton Coldfield Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by therushden »

i'll take it, great feeling, winning at home.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Amazing stuff, can't remember I saw us win in the last minute like that, the best feeling winning like that and the goalie paid dearly for coming out of the box all game!

4 points from our first 21 games, 7 from our last 3 games, what a turnaround after the dismal Gresley loss which making 14 points adrift did look like that was it to be honest. We've gone from certain relegation to having a chance of survival in the space of 3 games!
Last edited by Olly on Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

When was last time we started with an unchanged eleven from previous game? When did we last win 2 games on the trot and also when was last time we kept 2 clean sheets. And to cap it all Ethan Johnston scores
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Crazy how perspectives change after just 3 games. Prior to Bedworth we were on 4 points and it looked like relegation was a certainty even if not mathematically confirmed. 3 league games and 7 points later we are 7 points adrift with 2 games in hand and 3 consecutive home games to come. It obviously helps how poor Gresley and Rugby are but who cares!!!??? Let’s capitalise on this, win these games in hand, and stay in this division!
Lee Tomlin la la la
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Said prior to the Gresley game that 7 points from January was the bare minimum - I'm so pleased we've achieved that!

We must carry this momentum into this run of home games and make these two games in hand count. Project great escape is on!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Great feeling to walk out of the ground with a win, it’s been a while! But If you’d asked me to predict who would score our goal I wouldn’t have picked Johnston! Fair play to him though he took advantage of the opportunity.

Once again the referee was an absolute joke, it’s probably the situation we’ve found ourselves in, but I’ve never seen so many examples of poor officiating in one season.

The great escape not looking so daunting now.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

A good battling performance from the team, and a great finish from EJ.
Win our 2 catch up games and we'll be off the bottom.
I did think we were a bit slow reacting to second ball situations, but we hung in there. I'd also like to see Cairo deliver crosses quicker, hope his injury isn't too bad.
We'll done team, keep it going.
AFC R & D member number 34
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Have to give some credit also to Ben heath fir the penalty save and an excellent stop from the one on one with 10 minutes to go. Tagoe also was solid at right back, a position which he's probably not played too many times with his height.
The lack of luck against us thus season was definitely in our favour today, as we never really looked like scoring. But if you keep them out at the other end you only need that one chance and today we took it. Like already mentioned, what looked like an unsalvagable position after the Gresley match, is now back on even though its still quite a tough ask. 7 points from the next 3 games and I'll start to believe
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Bobdiddly
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

Just wanted to post to say thank you to radio diamonds for their commentary. I have only made it to 1 game this season and are lucky to be able to enjoy the efforts of everyone involved with radio diamonds.
The scenes (sounds) at the end were amazing and the closing comments " there was fighting all over the pitch, there was fighting in the stands" is the stuff of football commentr legend. :notworthy: