Won [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Sutton Coldfield Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Sutton Coldfield Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by bozzer »

What a job Michael and Tom are doing, there wasn’t one player on the pitch who played in the away fixture, this is their team in their mold, it clearly has a never say die attitude something we haven’t seen since Peaksy.

We would probably have already conceded by the time we scored earlier in the season but another clean sheet always gives us a chance.

One word on the opposition they were just horrible, I know it’s the nasty northern league but I don’t want to watch every player shouting at the ref, he was bullied by them, I suppose that was their plan, so glad we beat them and not resorting to their shenanigans.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

it's been the same all season, the ref letting the opposition referee the match.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Couldn't agree more Bozzer. We weren't great yesterday and to be honest we've actually played better and lost!

The referee was simply awful but you are right he got bullied by a very average team who tried to intimidate but thankfully failed! They were almost as bad as UCL prem favourites Wellingborough are this season surrounding the referee after every decision. Disgraceful but sadly Sutton C aren't the only team who do it these fays.

so back to back wins, back to back clean sheets and on to BSM on Tuesday - another winnable game! Special mention to Ethan Johnston. It hasn't been his season until S=yesterday, so I very much hope his winner allows him to kick on and continue knocking in the goals we need.

It might be a night game on Tuesday but we need as many as possible fans to turn out to help get the lads over the line.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights & interviews from AFCRDTV

Sevenofdiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

Attendance 323... 320 went home happy.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Curly »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:00 am Someone at SCFC needs to get up to date. Their match review is all about RDFC even saying we play at Hayden Road in Irtlingborough. It still irritates me when so many even at our club fail to acknowledge the AFC in our name. RDFC is dead, murdered by the Traitors 13 years ago.
Me personally I don't care about the AFC one bit, if someone asks me who I support I always say Rushden & Diamonds without the AFC. The two clubs are linked as AFC don't exist without RDFC, the success of legends day would suggest that the general feeling locally as well.in fact why call our club Rushden & Diamonds at all if we don't want people mentioning the new club in the same breath? We need to try and tap into that old fan base as the amount of people that still don't know we exist at all is startling really.

As for the game on Saturday I thought the lads battled brilliantly against what can only be described as a horrible team, a game we would definitely have lost only a couple of weeks ago. Although it was a game lacking in quality in large parts they're the sort of games you need to win to have any chance of getting out of this.

It was great to see Ethan take his chance with a lovely finish for the goal and a shout out to Daniel as well with a great through ball for it.

This gives us all a great lift and a bit of belief now going into these upcoming home games

Up The Rushden!!!
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Curly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:10 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:00 am Someone at SCFC needs to get up to date. Their match review is all about RDFC even saying we play at Hayden Road in Irtlingborough. It still irritates me when so many even at our club fail to acknowledge the AFC in our name. RDFC is dead, murdered by the Traitors 13 years ago.
Me personally I don't care about the AFC one bit, if someone asks me who I support I always say Rushden & Diamonds without the AFC. The two clubs are linked as AFC don't exist without RDFC, the success of legends day would suggest that the general feeling locally as well.in fact why call our club Rushden & Diamonds at all if we don't want people mentioning the new club in the same breath? We need to try and tap into that old fan base as the amount of people that still don't know we exist at all is startling really.
I 100% agree with this, I understand that the demise of RDFC was painful for us all but to be honest I’ve never really understood why that would lead to anyone wanting to detach AFCRD from the former club so badly. I almost wish we had just named the new club Rushden & Diamonds FC as it was before, because (and I’m sure someone will be quick to correct me if I’m wrong and fair enough, I’m sure there would probably have been plenty of legal complications with this) if I’m remembering correctly Griggs never actually trademarked Rushden & Diamonds FC but only RDFC? Either way, no matter the name of the club it was always going to be obvious that the new club was different to the former in some ways, such as in the way that it is structured and the living within its own means. I was having this argument on Facebook just before the Rugby game with a Luton Town Fan who tried to tell me the two entities are entirely different because I let me club die. To me I will always be a Rushden and Diamonds fan, and whilst different in the ways I’ve mentioned, AFCRD is simply a continuation of the former club, therefore the same thing (to me anyway). We should be proud of our history, there’s no point calling ourselves R&D if we aren’t going to honour the previous club. How many times have Nuneaton restarted, yet they aren’t constantly told that it’s a different club?
Lee Tomlin la la la
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

We're a Community Benefit Society and our "business" name is AFC Rushden and Diamonds - of course we count the history of the old club as our own, we wouldn't be here without that association and those of us that helped to create what we have now all supported the old club - but the fact remains we are a different business entity, so we should be proud of the fact that AFC is in our name as it shows enough of us cared to stand up and raise the club from the ashes of the old.

I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot about the fact it was missing in the programme, I'm guessing that was an error - it happens! But we ARE a separate entity to the old club.

To fans of other clubs saying we let our club die, sadly there was no time/option to save the old club - but enough of us stood up to start again, faced with the same I wonder how many others would do the same without a big money business backer?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Pigman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:28 am We're a Community Benefit Society and our "business" name is AFC Rushden and Diamonds - of course we count the history of the old club as our own, we wouldn't be here without that association and those of us that helped to create what we have now all supported the old club - but the fact remains we are a different business entity, so we should be proud of the fact that AFC is in our name as it shows enough of us cared to stand up and raise the club from the ashes of the old.

I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot about the fact it was missing in the programme, I'm guessing that was an error - it happens! But we ARE a separate entity to the old club.

To fans of other clubs saying we let our club die, sadly there was no time/option to save the old club - but enough of us stood up to start again, faced with the same I wonder how many others would do the same without a big money business backer?
Fair enough, I understand that. Just in my opinion, we’ve often not given too much exposure to our history in the past. Something that I can see has changed since Legends Day, which is nice.
Lee Tomlin la la la