Luton

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ron manager

Re: Luton

Post by ron manager »

As most people want to sit, Ie non regular fans, would it make alot more sense to swap away ends of the playoffs, I the terrace for away support, that way home fans get alot more seats and it dosn't effect the attendance.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Formic wrote:Luton's tickets for Saturday only went on general sale today, so I think they'll still sell out their area despite the game meaning less than it might have done.

It sounds like there will be 750 or so unsold places on the PDB. Perhaps a few more will be encouraged by the fact that they can get a priority ticket for the playoff if they get a ticket for Saturday.

If we do face them in the playoffs I think we'll have a challenge with respect to the PDB. Who thinks it would be a good topic for debate on Friday - e.g. do we consider segregating the right hand side of the PDB (as you look at it), and give them that smallish section, which is normally sparsely populated, in order to maximise revenue. I'm sure many would be against that, and it might be too difficult to arrange segregated access - but would the alternative be a lot of Luton fans mixed in with Diamonds fans on the PDB anyway ?
So if we get Luton if the playoffs, they'll most probably have the whole of the airwair and north stand.. and now people are saying we should give them some of the DeBanke aswel?? I hope this is a joke Formic? Lets not be bullied. I personally dont see why we cant sell-out the DeBanke and the South Stand for a playoff game. And the policing costs wouldn't make it a viable option anyway IMO.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I don't think it's a good idea, but if we don't sell out the PDB pretty quickly for the playoff it will be a real challenge to stop the remaining tickets falling into Luton fans hands - and more difficult to police as a result. We have managed to attract back a good few fans in the past few weeks - but how many more will be tempted to come back for just the one game - especially with it being a first leg.

How do you tell if a person from North Beds - e.g. Sharnbrook wanting to see their first game of the season at Nene Park is a Diamonds or Luton follower ?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Formic wrote:I don't think it's a good idea, but if we don't sell out the PDB pretty quickly for the playoff it will be a real challenge to stop the remaining tickets falling into Luton fans hands - and more difficult to police as a result. We have managed to attract back a good few fans in the past few weeks - but how many more will be tempted to come back for just the one game - especially with it being a first leg.

How do you tell if a person from North Beds - e.g. Sharnbrook wanting to see their first game of the season at Nene Park is a Diamonds or Luton follower ?
Ask DaveAlbon if there are any Luton fans in Sharnbrook! :roll:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

If we do manage 2500 home fans on Saturday I think it will be the first time since we dropped back into the Conference, so it will bode well for the playoff game.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Formic wrote:I don't think it's a good idea, but if we don't sell out the PDB pretty quickly for the playoff it will be a real challenge to stop the remaining tickets falling into Luton fans hands - and more difficult to police as a result. We have managed to attract back a good few fans in the past few weeks - but how many more will be tempted to come back for just the one game - especially with it being a first leg.

Ask DaveAlbon if there are any Luton fans in Sharnbrook! :roll:
:lol: I know of three Luton fans in Sharnbrook, two of whom I'm fairly sure don't actually go to watch them any more, and the third I haven't seen around for years, and may not actually live here now. I think we should be safe! None of them would be likely to start any touble anyway. ;)

I could pass on their names to the club if necessary! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
diamond82
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by diamond82 »

I was in the shop earlier and while I was in there quite a few non members/season ticket holders came in for tickets which was pleasing to see. What got me though was that when some people were told that playoff tickets were not on general sale until Monday unless purchased with a ticket for Luton on Saturday they didn't get the Luton tickets. I know times are hard etc but I just thought what more does this team need to do to gather the support of the local community for what is still a big game that will determine who we get in the playoffs? :roll:
kiwikid

Post by kiwikid »

Anyone been in today? Any update on numbers? :ugeek: