Won [ Mon 1st Apr ] v Harborough Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Mon 1st Apr ] v Harborough Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by therushden »

Brilliant team effort today. We rode our luck at times but saw the job out.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Well, I wanted 3 points from Lboro, Hboro & Anstey and we’ve already got 4!!!

What a performance that was from everyone. We outplayed them in my eyes in the first half and put in an exemplary defensive performance in the second. Harborough really do play some rotten football, route one up top the whole game…

We definitely had a bit of luck today as Hboro has about 5/6 golden chances, but boy do we deserve a bit of luck!

Gonna be a hard one choosing MOTM today!! Everyone was absolutely different gravy.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV

Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

Superb performance every one of the lads today.

First half we more than matched them, outplayed them at times.

Second half, Harborough threw everything but the kitchen sink at us, definitely rode our luck at times, but a superb defensive display and some awesome goalkeeping from Heath kept them out.

The scenes when we got our much needed second!
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Great performance, great defence, 90 minutes if incredible self discipline and we thoroughly deserved our win today.

we should also not underestimate the role that Shanks and Michael played today getting the tactics spot on and making sure that the players stuck to the game plan. Yes we did ride our luck in the second half but we definitely deserved those 3 crucial points today.

talking to their Assistant Manager David Staff after the game, he was magnanimous in defeat and said that Diamonds wanted it more and our young team had 3 very strong men out there ( I'll leave you to guess who they were?) but like Shanks, he picked out Tejan as his MOM but applauded all 14 of our players.

Great day!
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I can’t do away games at the moment so can only comment from afar, but what a job Tom and Michael are doing! Fantastic, and the squad they’ve assembled are really buying into their ethos! Sounds like we rode our luck at times in the second half - it’s about time we had some!

Got to say also what fantastic commentary on Radio Diamonds, who I rely on for away games, the tension built up was brilliant and when the second goal went in the emotion was there for all to hear - well done guys!! We’re lucky to have you!!

I reckon 6 points from 12 will see us home and dry - what do you reckon? Might be 4 now we’re 2 points ahead, but 6 to be sure - I can’t see Rugby or Gresley winning 3 games out of their last 4! Exciting few weeks ahead eh? Can we get 2 wins out of the 4?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Easton Diamond
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

Once again we pulled off a shock on April 1st! Unbelievable performance from start to finish, at some points it looked like we were going for the title instead of Harborough. We stifled them brilliantly early on, looked the more threatening and deserved to get ourselves ahead. We were under the cosh in the second half but defended manfully throughout and made so many blocks and tackles in and around our box.

When Heath produced some great saves and Daire and Crawford missed their chances you just felt it was going to be our day. How sweet it was to score a second goal and put the game to bed after what was a textbook away performance (amazing stats there Olly, they really show how incredible that result is).

All the momentum is with us as it stands and dare I say it we are looking like a solid team. We have a serious chance of overhauling Cambridge City if we keep these results up. The lads should have real confidence that they can beat Anstey next Saturday before our thoroughly winnable last three league games. Keep it up Diamonds!
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Rugby & gresley 5pts since jan 14th says it all. Diamonds 20.

Based on our recent performances I can see us overtaking Cambridge
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights from AFCRDTV

rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Dazzler wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:52 pm Match highlights from AFCRDTV

Great footage of the 2nd goal.

Veo cameras are great for their accessibility & ease of use, and to be fair I've seen the promo of the new Veo camera and the features are pretty cool, but I have to say that the quality can really be hit and miss. Not sure what generation of camera the club have but on what was a clear and sunny day, a lot of the footage was a bit off. Overall though I do understand why so many clubs use them and they will only get better with more software and hardware releases.

At least the footage of the second goal was spot on!!!
Lee Tomlin la la la