Returning to the Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Re: Returning to the Dog & Duck

Post by The pressman »

And me - no brainer!

I have to congratulate the board on an excellent presentation.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

The pressman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:38 am I have to congratulate the board on an excellent presentation.
I too would also like to congratulate them and thank them for all the hard work they have put into it.
My conclusion is we would be better off at the D&D but only if we as a fan base support it, make it work and don't use it as an excuse not to go and get your food and a drink from the club not by the pub and food chains nearby.
kaycol

Post by kaycol »

I couldn't get access on Zoom last night. Will the presentation be posted on the members area before the closing date for voting please?
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

kaycol wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:57 pm I couldn't get access on Zoom last night. Will the presentation be posted on the members area before the closing date for voting please?
The presentation slides are on the Part Owners area now :good:
ADiamond
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by ADiamond »

Any idea who I should contact to be able to access the members area of the official site? Thanks
FOOTYMAN

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I have said before, there is no atmosphere at Hayden Road and I haven't been to many matches this season. Should we get confirmation of a return to The D&D, I will be there pretty much every home game.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

ADiamond wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:17 pm Any idea who I should contact to be able to access the members area of the official site? Thanks
Drop me an email

rob.usher@afc-diamonds.com
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

As many will have no seen, this move has now been confirmed, along with some details on the reasoning behind the move. See here:

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/sgm-voting-results/

It is absolutely imperative that as a collective, as many people help us with this as possible. I appreciate this is difficult for a lot of people given a lot of the help required will be during the working week, but if you can spare any time, skills, services or to be blunt, cash, we'd be incredibly grateful.

Particularly high on the agenda is the appointment of a project manager which really, needs to happen within the next 7-10 days. If you are able to help, or know of somebody who can, please get in touch ASAP.

rob.usher@afc-diamonds.com
alex.raspin@afc-diamonds.com

Both Rob and I are in full time work and our Club's board is extremely thin on the ground, running at half of its capacity. We can't do this on our own but to protect AFC Rushden & Diamonds as we know it, we must do it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I was part of a group, mainly retirees, who helped prepare HR when club moved from the D&D. It was a really enjoyable summer spent digging, painting, erecting fences etc. I would thoroughly recommend that if you have the time available and are in reasonable health, give it a go. The cammeraderie was great and we still had time for plenty of tea breaks and a good natter. It was especially satisfying that we completed the work in time to start the season at HR rather than having play our first 4 or 5 home games elsewhere.
RyanDoveFanClub
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by RyanDoveFanClub »

I've seen some, allegations shall we say, from those I believe are involved with R&H and HR. I am by no means trying to stoke flames but if they are true that certainly changes the narrative of the pitch presented to us at the SGM. Is there any way we can get clarification on this? Happy to ask on the Members Lounge if needed