Lost [ Sat 6th Apr ] v Anstey Nomads, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Sevenofdiamonds
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 6th Apr ] v Anstey Nomads, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

Concentration, understanding, nous and tenacity, four qualities the visitors today possessed just a little in excess of ourselves to get the result. Fair play to them, they had the extra pace and ability and you can see how they have put together such an impressive away record. I thought we were good value for 0-0 at half-time and might have been ahead if a couple of half-chances had been taken, but it wasn't to be. If we could have pressured their diminutive No 3, the weak link in their defence, a bit more we might have done better but there it is. Special mention also for the visiting keeper, what a sportsman! I hope he hasn't been permanently emotionally damaged.
Results didn't go our way elsewhere either, so there is still a lot to do, but no more top half clubs thankfully. The great escape is still on.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Well I wanted 3 points from the past 3 games and we got 4, so I’ve gotta be pleased! I suppose it’s only because Rugby & Gresley both won that today’s loss hurts a lot more than it should! Boldmere are in fantastic form so it will definitely be a difficult game next Saturday, but hopefully we can get back to winning ways. I said before that we might need the full 9 from the last 3 games so that’s what I’m sticking with. Come on you whites!
Lee Tomlin la la la
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Losing to the form side is no embarrassment, but results elsewhere put a real dampener on today.

Gresley have picked up more points than us over the last 6 games so it's going down to the wire.

I think Cambridge are in real danger of being dragged into this going into the last couple of games. They have only picked up one point in the last 6.

I suspect 31 points might be the magic number so Cambridge might just stumble over the line but I would be seriously worried if I were them.

2 wins from the next 3 should do it but any less and I would be worrying!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Back down to earth again today, it does seem harsh on the lads after their heroics on Monday that they would be straight back into the bottom two today, but that is how it goes, there have been so many twists and turns in the last few weeks and the last 3 games are going to be nerve-racking to say the least.

Every goal scored and conceded could be the difference between staying up or going down ultimately, Shepshed's late consolation may have meant little in the context of their game, but it was what kept us off the bottom crazily enough.

The lads certainly didn't disgrace themselves today, but it was very much like the Lye game with the first half being a 0-0 with little between the two sides and in the second half they were the ones who found the edge to win the game and their quality showed, though we were a bit unlucky with the goals conceded.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I felt we more than matched then first half, in fact they looked quite rattled at times
We gifted them the first goal and a penalty and the ref gifted them a third, game over from then really. Just a mad 15 minutes which punished us. Had Fraser scored in the first half it could have been similar to harborough.
It was never about this game though so into next week
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Being honest, we’re 4 points over the last 3 games better off than I thought we would be, so I’m happy overall.

As others have said though, I’m disappointed not to have got something from yesterday, the first half promised so much, fell apart second half which was worrying!

3 to go, I still believe 6 points are needed now with the other results going against us yesterday - this is going to the wire!

I’ve just one game left that I can get to (20th) so hoping that’s the day we secure the points we need - otherwise it’s going to the last day and I’m not sure my nerves could cope with listening in on Radio Diamonds lol

We go again !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times