Drawn [ Sat 13th Apr ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
LincolnshireDiamond

Re: [ Sat 13th Apr ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

Stourbridge_Diamond wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:14 pm I'll take that.

If anything we scored too early, however we were well on top for the early stages until Miguel went off Injured.

Boldmere had a strategy, and that was kick, trip and aim to injure Miguel at all costs - and it worked!

Once that happened the game changed and it was total Boldmere attack for the remains of the 1st and start of the 2nd halves - frankly we were lucky it was only 2.

But, this side has developed a never say die attitude under Michael and Tom, we kept pressing and could have nicked it at the end.

Special mention to the ref, who was totally conned by Boldmere's appeals ( no idea what he made up for the penalty - didn't look like one to me ) - earlier in the season, against a physical side with more streetsmarts, we would have caved in and lost

All in all a decent away point against a strong side.
The ref made the "shirt pull" motion, I didn't see anything significant to cause a penalty myself.

Given results around us, point was minimum required and we took that, keeps everything completely within our control for the final 2 games.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

A great start, but then we got deeper and deeper and their equaliser was coming for a while.
Bizarre penalty given, however earlier in the season we would have folded but we rolled our sleeves up and looked the only team who was going to score, that shows huge character. All to play for
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Maybe the highlights will show it was a really obvious shirt pull, but shoving and shirt pulling is part and parcel of the standard corner and the refs don't usually make such potentially game changing decisions because of them, that's three penalties given against us in two games!

I think had we been able to us the excellent early goal to push on build momentum instead of seemingly falling deeper and letting them get back into the game as the half went on, then maybe we could have come away with the full three points. But all in all a point away to a team just a few weeks ago thrashed one of our relegation rivals 5-1 and the fact that we are at least marginally better off than we were before the game isn't the end of the world.

Not sure my nerves are going to cope in the last two games with all 3 teams on 26, but I think if Gresley can't beat Shepshed in midweek then they're down as they're away to Corby on the last day of the season, and Rugby will be disappointed not to have won today at home to a mid table side, so it really is in our hands now to get the results we need.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

I’ve just done the highlights and whilst Dallas does hold onto the chaps shirt for the pen, this happens in almost every corner. I also noticed that Scott takes an absolute battering to the head before their equaliser and the ref doesn’t give it.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Ricky330
Has Liked: 304 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Olly wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:30 pm Maybe the highlights will show it was a really obvious shirt pull, but shoving and shirt pulling is part and parcel of the standard corner and the refs don't usually make such potentially game changing decisions because of them, that's three penalties given against us in two games!

I think had we been able to us the excellent early goal to push on build momentum instead of seemingly falling deeper and letting them get back into the game as the half went on, then maybe we could have come away with the full three points. But all in all a point away to a team just a few weeks ago thrashed one of our relegation rivals 5-1 and the fact that we are at least marginally better off than we were before the game isn't the end of the world.

Not sure my nerves are going to cope in the last two games with all 3 teams on 26, but I think if Gresley can't beat Shepshed in midweek then they're down as they're away to Corby on the last day of the season, and Rugby will be disappointed not to have won today at home to a mid table side, so it really is in our hands now to get the results we need.
Just watched highlights and you can see their no4 having a cosy chat with ref & pointing where he's going for the corner . Shirt pull is minimal, but he falls like he's been shot & ref gives it. Conned IMO 🤬
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

Yeah I noticed the chat with the ref too, again I felt the ref was taken in by their constant whinging and claims after every challenge, it’s been a recurring theme this year as Harriman alluded to in his interview
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and interviews from AFCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times