Scott and Wyatt

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Scott and Wyatt

Post by sussexdiamond »

I must admit I'm not a great fan of young loanees from League one and two clubs, quite often they lack the physical needs for non league at our level and although often technically good they are rarely totally committed. Eg last seasons duo from Cobblers.
For quite a while my opinion of our two Cobblers this season was much as I have stated. But they have certainly changed my perception in the past three months. Both lads have given their all and are a credit to NTFC. I wonder if this is due to Harrimans day job involvement with the Cobblers. Thank you guys and good luck for the future.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Scott and Wyatt

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

They have certainly improved loads since they first joined the club. Especially Scott, who has plated out of position but still managed to score three goals. I'm not sure even Joe Merrill scored three goals from right back in a season! If they're released by cobblers, we must try and sign them straight away
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Reuben Wyatt just named EFL Div 1 Apprentice of the Year
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:34 pm I must admit I'm not a great fan of young loanees from League one and two clubs, quite often they lack the physical needs for non league at our level and although often technically good they are rarely totally committed. Eg last seasons duo from Cobblers.
Understand your point to an extent and Jack Connor was certainly poor, but Abimbola and Ngwa weren't. Last season we benefitted massively from Joel Anker, Charlie Waller and Roddy McGlinchey. Bogdan was a bit hit and miss.

This year I think Reuben and Jacob have really benefitted us. Jacob has got better and better every week, Reuben has contributed a lot of assists in his time with us but needs to find some consistency (he is noticeably better on 3G pitches as well).

Overall it's something I'm massively in favour of as it keeps costs down also.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291