Three Game Run-in

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Total points tally for safety?

No votes
No votes
6%
No votes
13%
44%
25%
No votes
6%
35 +
6%

Total votes: 16

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Three Game Run-in

Post by Rushdenjim »

fentiger79 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:32 am So the final pieces start falling into place tonight. Shepshed v Gresley. If Gresley lose I think they are down, can’t see them getting anything at Corby. a win then the pressure is really on us for Saturday. A draw, well who knows! So many possibilities still with just 2 games to go. Shame our goal difference took such a hit over those games recently.
Also, and hopefully Stacey or someone can confirm, our goal difference is very similar to Rugby's. If all is level on points and goal difference come the final league table, then I assume it goes down to goals scored? If so, we're 3 goals (35 vs 38) short of Rugby's record at the moment.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Will be on goals scored IF still level then on games won.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Gresley lost tonight 2-0, went down to 10 men mid-way through the second half and held on to 0-0 until the last 10 minutes.

It looks pretty grim for Gresley now, with their inferior goal difference they now need to win their last game and hope neither us or Rugby win any of our last two games each. Tall order for them I would suggest.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Gresley have to go and win at Corby which based on current form of both looks unlikely. We need a comprehensive win on Saturday and rugby to lose so the last day is a bit more comfortable.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Excellent score for us tonight, just one win from our last 2 barring a miracle, guarantees us to finish above Gresley, still much to do, but it does feel like a small step closer to the greatest escape!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Personally feel that Rugby will beat Walsall Wood this weekend, they got a red card tonight in their loss to Quorn and listening to their manager’s post match interview it sounds like their squad is very thin.

As I posted in the Shepshed thread, I really do think we should be beating them this weekend but moreover, we have to beat them.
Lee Tomlin la la la