£18k....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

£18k....

Post by Rushdenjim »

The other thread seems more focused of the Monkeys (i mean Luton fans) soo this one for the police who once again showed us that they cant orgainse a piss-up! One Senior steward (wont name names for obvious reasons) repeatly said at the end '£18K...What a waste' and 'We would of been better off without them' KC wont let this go.....
Last edited by Rushdenjim on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: £18k....

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

(Taken from the other thread about the Police)

18K What a joke?

The whole thing was a joke. I'm no Police Tactician but there was so many things wrong with today's events.

1) The whole thing started from the North Stand, there was no stewards/police anywhere near there!

2) The Police didn't try and attempt them from entering the pitch, no linking of arms of blocking going on

3) The first man that went on was allowed to do so, and then 4 police officers came upto him and just ushered him back to the stand

An absolute farce!

It took them about 10 minutes to work out what to do and when they finally did it, it was a shambles.
Pete
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Pete »

I want to know the name of the senior policeman who told his cops out there today to allow the Luton supporters onto the pitch, because then he should be asked to resign for a stupidly bad decision.

If there was no such order, then why the f*** were they allowed on the pitch?! What was the point of having the coppers there? Why were none of them showing any urgency when it was obvious they were going to continue to come onto the pitch? Why did none of them start running to get to the Luton fans before they got to the edge of the PDB end area? Why did I see one of them allowing one group of Luton chavs to take a photo of themselves on the pitch at the AW end? Why where the people hanging on the crossbar not immediately pulled down and immediately and visibly arrested?

Why was the fattest bastard I've seen all year plodding round in a police uniform?!

I hope hope hope that someone is brought to account for the endless errors that were made today, not least of all (and I've not seen any comment mention this so far) the fact that drunk away fans found their way into the PDB end through the exit gates and it was left to ****ing ME to tell them to piss off!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

All they needed to do was bring a few dogs with them and no bugger would have ran on the pitch. Or either a few horse's like in the Harlepool, Div 3 winning match! :o
wasteman

Post by wasteman »

as i have said on another thread.the police are there to assist stewards.looking at the youtube videos the stewards are way behind the police chasing from airwair to pdb and most of the stewards are not rdfc stewards.so who is to blame.1.the police.2the stewards.or 3 the club safety officer.BEFORE YOU ANSWER.4 THE LUTON (SO CALLED)FANS ARE TO BLAME.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'm sorry, but if we were a Milwall, a Cardiff or even another Luton, we could all have bared witness to a murder on that pitch today, and i don't think i'm over-reacting. The police and stewards had no control whatsoever of the Luton fans and it only needed us to retaliate for there to be absolute mayhem.

Well done to all Diamonds fans.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
wasteman

Post by wasteman »

BartonRaz wrote:I'm sorry, but if we were a Milwall, a Cardiff or even another Luton, we could all have bared witness to a murder on that pitch today, and i don't think i'm over-reacting. The police and stewards had no control whatsoever of the Luton fans and it only needed us to retaliate for there to be absolute mayhem.

Well done to all Diamonds fans.
yes well done.i hope that the people of irthlingborough will now realise that the diamonds is a place for families and start supporting their local team.and club.
Arendee

Post by Arendee »

The police were lucky today. They were completely unprepared for handling a situation like this and once the supporters got on the pitch they stood around the edges with no idea what to do. Thankfully the atmosphere wasn't agressive, just mischeivous. Even if it was the stewards who control the deployment of the police it could easily have moved to situation where the police had to take control and there would have been little to nothing they would have been able to do.

The club should demand a report from the senior policeman on duty as to what his/her plan was once the Luton supporters started streaming towards the PDB.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »