2023 Home fans

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

2023 Home fans

Post by Rushdenjim »

With 2797 Luton fans! Decent turn out but if Oxford now playing us, we will have our North Stand back, lets fill it out!!
ron manager

Re: 2023 Home fans

Post by ron manager »

For end of season friendly, not bad, should be able to get 3k home fans for the playoff (you would hope)
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

keith said last night he would give the away fans the same as today.
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

ferrers wrote:keith said last night he would give the away fans the same as today.
I thought he said that he was only give luton the same as today not Oxford
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Thats what I thought aswell, less away fans the better, as proved today!!!, may get more in gate receipts but lose it elsewhere, on handling large away support.
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

ron manager wrote:Thats what I thought aswell, less away fans the better, as proved today!!!, may get more in gate receipts but lose it elsewhere, on handling large away support.
The Rozzers will be the guilty party there
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I was really proud of our supporters today.

As for Lutons fans, for their numbers they didnt make much noise, i've certainly heard louder support from away fans this season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:I was really proud of our supporters today.

As for Lutons fans, for their numbers they didnt make much noise, i've certainly heard louder support from away fans this season.
Agreed, only into the last 10 mintues they actually made some real noise, still dissapointed in the home vocal support at times though!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

I think we are going to have that half of the north stand now, also on Oxford's forum, they're talking about 2800 tickets so we must have told them they'll get that, let's hope we get that for home fans (if not more) and get around 6000 for this one. 1 thing for sure though is that it will be a superb atmosphere at both games, should be 11k for the game at the kassam!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

ron manager wrote:For end of season friendly, not bad, should be able to get 3k home fans for the playoff (you would hope)
3 words: NOT A CHANCE!!!! I think about 2000 is about the top estimate of what we will get in the play offs.

As i was unable to make it to day, must i both commend the commentry on Radio Diamonds. I have been fairly critical in the past but today was brilliant, and the guy at the end, was it Pete, who was describing the morons, summed up the thoughts i was having perfectly.

I would also like to say that it was great to be able to hear our support so easily on the microphones. We may have been outnumbered, and i guess there were more mics near the deBanke, but even so you guys still need to make noise, and it sounded good to me. Let's hope we can get a fantastic atmosphere v Poxford...