Dear JEMS

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Dear JEMS

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Fantastic effort guys, thanks for all the great footy you've given us this season. We've seen in the first leg that our team can "mix it" with Oxford and battle to hold their own. Now let's see that expansive passing game that we know we're capable of, like we saw against H & Y, Barrow and Gateshead. You CAN do it, you ARE already winners in our eyes. Now play the next game like the league title depends on it. Win this game and we win the league.

What we have called the Battle of Nene Park is over. I expect that the Battle of Oxford is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of our promotion hopes. Upon it depends our own sporting life, and the long continuity of our club and its survival. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Wilder knows that he will have to break us on this day or lose the game. If we can stand up to him, all our hopes may be freed and the life of the world may move forward into the broad, sunlit uplands of the Football League.
But if we fail, then the whole world, including Nene Park, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the whistles of perverted referees. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if Rushden & Diamonds and its Supporters last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour and a half.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pete
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Dear JEMS

Post by Pete »

I just came.

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna sleep tonight...
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

JEMS:

CNTRL+P

Put it on the dressing room wall ;)
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Dear JEMS,

Heroes one and all, whatever the result may be tomorrow. Between you, you have restored my faith in R&DFC and everything that goes with it and I'm looking forward to my football again :D

Win tomorrow and I will have your babies :oops: ;)

DF xx
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Dear JEMS,

I love youuuuuuuuuuu. Please make us win tomorrow and I'll perform a number of sexual acts on you!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Harry

Post by Harry »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Dear JEMS,

I love youuuuuuuuuuu. Please make us win tomorrow and I'll perform a number of sexual acts on you!
Great.

They're gonna go and throw the result now. :evil:

;)
Diamond down South.
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Fantastic effort guys, thanks for all the great footy you've given us this season. We've seen in the first leg that our team can "mix it" with Oxford and battle to hold their own. Now let's see that expansive passing game that we know we're capable of, like we saw against H & Y, Barrow and Gateshead. You CAN do it, you ARE already winners in our eyes. Now play the next game like the league title depends on it. Win this game and we win the league.

What we have called the Battle of Nene Park is over. I expect that the Battle of Oxford is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of our promotion hopes. Upon it depends our own sporting life, and the long continuity of our club and its survival. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Wilder knows that he will have to break us on this day or lose the game. If we can stand up to him, all our hopes may be freed and the life of the world may move forward into the broad, sunlit uplands of the Football League.
But if we fail, then the whole world, including Nene Park, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the whistles of perverted referees. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if Rushden & Diamonds and its Supporters last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour and a half.
I always thought that speech was wasted on something so insignificant as a World War.... :shock:
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!