Match thread, sponsored by not being able to sleep

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: Match thread, sponsored by not being able to sleep

Post by Olly »

Overall I agree it was a disappointing performance today from the lads, I think we probably needed to be at our best to have even got 1 goal against a team with such a good defensive record at home and no one attacking wise was anywhere near their best so it's no surprise that we didn't score. I just hoped today we might get a bit of luck, something like a dodgy penalty decision or a slip up by them but it never came. One person that particularly disappointed me was Louis, I know he's had his critics but for most of his loan spell I've liked him and thought he was a decent player to have up front but he was just f****** pathetic today, so won't be too upset if he doesn't come back next season (which I doubt he will)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Disappointing performance we seemed to be missing something, of course the officials didn't help, and Poxford players did the same thing as the game on Thursday and went down at the slightest of touches, and ref fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Hope they get beaten by York though, because there was no need for the Poxford fans trying to intimidate us, even after they were told two or three times NOT to run onto the pitch after the game.

Very proud of our supporters today though.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Sadly, after a great season, the lads didn't really do themselves justice today, apart from Stuart, Downer, Osano & Byrne. Huke had a nervy game on the left, Terry and O'Connor made little impact. I was especially disappointed by Louis and Tomlin, neither of whom rose to the occasion. As far as Louis is concerned, that was no big surprise. However, Tomlin had the perfect opportunity to show why he should be playing at a higher level but failed to do so. I would have subbed him at half time especially after that pointless booking. His poor attitude has returned which is pretty bad news and I am beginning to think that the team doesn't need him any more. In the end, the best team won although at half time it was an even game and we could have nicked it had we started the second half in a more determined manner. I can only assume that the occasion and the size of the crowd was too much for our team.

Still, it will have been a good learning experience so onwards and upwards for next season :) .
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.