Lets do a Boro not a United...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Lets do a Boro not a United...

Post by Rushdenjim »

Looking at last season's table, Stevenage came from 5th last season to win the league whereas Cambridge went from 2nd to manage 12th spot, pretty good because at one point they were just 3 points from the drop zone! Let this season be a platform for 2010/11! Lets hope it not medicore and we look back at this season as our golden opportunity!
Turveyman

Re: Lets do a Boro not a United...

Post by Turveyman »

I think much depends on how many new players come in. JE has said 4/5 although that could be more if we sell Tomlin and/or Osano. New players could take a while to settle in which could mean a slow start to the season. However also bear in mind that Cambridge had a big clear out last season.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Turveyman wrote:I think much depends on how many new players come in. JE has said 4/5 although that could be more if we sell Tomlin and/or Osano. New players could take a while to settle in which could mean a slow start to the season. However also bear in mind that Cambridge had a big clear out last season.
I'd agree with that. A slow start is what cost us a real title push this season (not that i'm not happy with where we did finish!).

If we can keep a core of at least 6 first team players, we should be in a good position.
If we sign a real goalscorer we'll be laughing.
Diamond down South.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

These words you speak, I agree with which.