Jefferson Louis

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
JamesRDFC

Re: Jefferson Louis

Post by JamesRDFC »

Trek wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote: A 20+ goalscorer can be found by another source, like Forest Green did with Fleetwood and Mangan!
That's exactly what I was suggesting when I said in my post ' from the lower leagues who may have the future potential to be a 20 plus scorer at Conference level'.
Fleetwood and Mangan were both released by Football League clubs before joining Forest Green, rather than signed from below. Fleetwood was at Hereford and Mangan at Bury.

Edit: Unless I've misread your post and you meant lower league as in League 2, rather than leagues below us. :?
Last edited by JamesRDFC on Fri May 07, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

JamesRDFC wrote:
Trek wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote: A 20+ goalscorer can be found by another source, like Forest Green did with Fleetwood and Mangan!
That's exactly what I was suggesting when I said in my post ' from the lower leagues who may have the future potential to be a 20 plus scorer at Conference level'.
Fleetwood and Mangan were both released by Football League clubs before joining Forest Green. Fleetwood was at Hereford and Mangan at Bury.
and thats my point. Players who've dropped down and found their level. Would be great if we could find a striker version of say Porter, on a free transfer!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

We are living in cloud cuckoo land if we can expect a 25 plus striker at Conference level to be joining us on what KC will allow JE to pay. It needs to be someone who is scoring that amount of goals at a non-league level below BSP and can repeat that at our level. That is what I was suggesting in my earlier post when I wasn't referring to League 2. ;)

The club needs to get their scouting boots on!