Jacko

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry

Jacko

Post by Harry »

I can't see him wanting to play in League 2 next season, so I imagine he may want to leave Gillingham.

Sadly, like Tomlin, I presume he's lost value on what he'd have gone for had he left in January.

On the Brighton forum they were talking about the possibility of signing him, and someone mentioned a cash+player deal, much like ours with Rankine.
What would happen if that were the case?

Would we get 20% of the player, say a left leg?! ;)
Diamond down South.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Jacko

Post by Formic »

The fact he missed a sitter from right in front of goal that might have changed the course of their game yesterday won't have helped his resale value. Anyone playing for a relegated side will be seen as something of a failure anyway.
ID

Post by ID »

I saw him play at Carrow Road a few weeks ago.

He came on with about 10 minutes left and didn't touch the ball. Obviously it's a bit hard to judge a player based on a ten minute appearence against a team winning the Championship that day, but he didn't really seem to look a £500,000 footballer.

Having said that, though, he's scored 17 goals for a relegated side. If he had better players around him who knows how much he'd get.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Formic wrote:Anyone playing for a relegated side will be seen as something of a failure anyway.
Not necessarily. The fact that he scored 18 goals for such a poor side might actually work in his favour.

If he doesn't leave this summer, if he can get off to a good start next season his value might soar again come January 2011.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Oh dear it seems Jacko needs to drop down and regain his confidence ;) . Obviously he should be our responsibility and get some re-training for a season under JEMS :lol:
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

My best mate is a Gills fan and has followed them home and away this season, and was there yesterday. He was horrified, and shares my view that Stimson has no right to be in a job this morning.

As for Jacko, i'm led to believe he has been usless since December. Almost all of his goals this season were scored before the new year, and since then his value has plummeted to the point where is now worth probably very little.

Gillingham and Scally (the chairman) have been very very stupid. They should have sold the lad for a minimum of 1m in January, instead they were claiming he was worth a kings ransom. They've paid for it now, and so have we in a roundabout way.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote:Gillingham and Scally (the chairman) have been very very stupid. They should have sold the lad for a minimum of 1m in January, instead they were claiming he was worth a kings ransom. They've paid for it now, and so have we in a roundabout way.
Were there any bids for Jacko in January? It would have been quite difficult for Gillingham to sell him for £1million if there were no £1million bids. :?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

davealbon wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Gillingham and Scally (the chairman) have been very very stupid. They should have sold the lad for a minimum of 1m in January, instead they were claiming he was worth a kings ransom. They've paid for it now, and so have we in a roundabout way.
Were there any bids for Jacko in January? It would have been quite difficult for Gillingham to sell him for £1million if there were no £1million bids. :?
I don't know if there were any firm bids, but there were teams prepared to pay that kind of money. Unfortunatley Gillingham and Scally scared them all off but telling them that 1m would be insulting.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Maybe fell out of his tree like Tommo, when he did'nt get his move in the January window!
diamonds82

Post by diamonds82 »

Gillingham didn't win a game away from home all season. Can't afford to do that.