Kevin Sandwith

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rdfc4life

Kevin Sandwith

Post by rdfc4life »

Left footed defender, just been released from Oxford . Sign him up??
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Kevin Sandwith

Post by The Godfather »

Will do.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Sam Gregory

Post by Sam Gregory »

More of a full back I believe, although if Robinson leaves (not that I think he will) he'd be a good replacement.

Two players from the BSS who would be decent signings are Giuseppe Sole and Ricky Holmes. Both have been released as they want full time football. Sole in fact was at Woking when JE was there so wouldn't be suprised if we're interested.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Sam Gregory wrote:More of a full back I believe, although if Robinson leaves (not that I think he will) he'd be a good replacement.

Two players from the BSS who would be decent signings are Giuseppe Sole and Ricky Holmes. Both have been released as they want full time football. Sole in fact was at Woking when JE was there so wouldn't be suprised if we're interested.
I remember Sole scoring a cracking volley against us away, a few seasons back. Went on a god little run when on loan at Ebsfleet aswel, not sure what he's like now.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Ah, Kevin Sandwith, the Championship Manager/Football Manager legend! He was one of the many Telford players I always signed when managing Rushden and I think he was still my left back when I took us into Division 1 (the Championship) on one game!

Anyway, back to real life, he's 32 now and I doubt is any better than Robbo. As for Guiseppe Sole, great player on his day, but I think that day only comes a couple of times a season. If we could get the best out of him on a consistent basis then he could be a good signing, still only in his early 20s as well, so he's a good age.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90