Nicky McNamara

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Nicky McNamara

Post by BartonRaz »

I've been thinking about this since the unfortunate events of the past week.

Now that Terry is in a lot of trouble, and will probably be sacked/sold/loaned to another club, does this open the door for Nicky Mac to return?

I know he was released, but i felt that he had some potential and had some very good games for the club in Terry's position when Terry was injured. Wimbledon and K*ttering for example.

Just a thought....
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Sam Gregory

Re: Nicky McNamara

Post by Sam Gregory »

I was thinking a similiar thing but with Wolleaston. In my opinion Porter could play in Terry's role easily and this would allow Wolleaston to play further forward.
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

I'd like to see Challinor return. Didn't he go on loan to Forest Green that got relegated. Wondering what he's up to now.....
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:I'd like to see Challinor return. Didn't he go on loan to Forest Green that got relegated. Wondering what he's up to now.....
There's a lot of Challinor haters on this board. His name was mentioned in a previous thread!

Never in my opinion, too old and lacks commitment. I would like to see McNamara returning if PT goes!
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
IceCoolPsycho wrote:I'd like to see Challinor return. Didn't he go on loan to Forest Green that got relegated. Wondering what he's up to now.....
There's a lot of Challinor haters on this board. His name was mentioned in a previous thread!

Never in my opinion, too old and lacks commitment. I would like to see McNamara returning if PT goes!
lol. Just answered my own question. He was released from Mansfield Town so he's a free agent. I thought he was a descent player in the 2008-2009 season. Not sure about him since then but with Cambridge and Mansfield getting rid im sure there is something i'm not seeing.
Sam Gregory

Post by Sam Gregory »

No thanks. Challinor is a luxery player who doesn't have the work rate or attitude of any of are players. Those are the two attributes that nearly all of our players possess and have been crucial to the success of the season.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Please JE let's not see a return of Wolleaston...!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

I was thinking without Terry in the side, you could play Huke in the role, although obviously that would be something that would need to be tried out in preseason.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

I would guess that if this had blown up before the decisions were made, then we would probably have seen either Beeky or Macca stay. As documented at the time, the main reason for Wolly to leave was probably that his wages were too high.

Imo, we probably need a midfielder or two. Huke can play in the centre, and looked very strong at Wimbledon (except for that "attempt" on goal :oops: )

As for Challinor, i think if he was to sign, then i would be delighted, as i know that JEMS would get the best out of him, without paying over the odds. Remember, many of the people who were/are slating him (To be fair myself included) would mainly only have seen him play for Rushden under Gary Hill ;) Under a decent management team, i'm sure he could do a job. Having said that, there are probably better prospects out there.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Beeky was never going to stay unfortunately, as he decided to go back to Kent and find himself a trade. He'll go part-time and do a great job for a BSBS side I reckon. It's a shame cos he's got great potential IMO.
AFC R & D member number 34