Mark Byrne

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MEMAN53

Mark Byrne

Post by MEMAN53 »

Just looked at the Nottingham Forest website and Mark no longer appears as one of their players.

He was there 2-3 days ago when Justin said that NFFC had offered Mark last minute terms.

It may be that he is out of contract and therefore not officially a Forest player, so cannot be listed in their team listing.

Alternatively he may have turned Forest down, and returning to Nene Park?

However as they offered him terms and he is under 23, I suspect that a fee would be required or at least a sell on clause. No rumour's so far of him being mentioned elsewhere. I heard somewhere that Scunthorpe were sniffing around, but I cannot see him securing a first team place at a championship club just at this stage of his development.

Oh I do hope we can snatch him back.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Mark Byrne

Post by Mad Dog »

...but he's not on here yet (as of this post):

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-trans ... ame&page=1

It take a while for it to get updated, but I'd keep an eye on this site, since I would have thought he'd appear here when he becomes a free agent. It is an interesting development.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Scunny have signed another player by the name of Byrne, could this be where the rumour came from
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

MEMAN53 wrote:Just looked at the Nottingham Forest website and Mark no longer appears as one of their players.

He was there 2-3 days ago when Justin said that NFFC had offered Mark last minute terms.

It may be that he is out of contract and therefore not officially a Forest player, so cannot be listed in their team listing.

Alternatively he may have turned Forest down, and returning to Nene Park?

However as they offered him terms and he is under 23, I suspect that a fee would be required or at least a sell on clause. No rumour's so far of him being mentioned elsewhere. I heard somewhere that Scunthorpe were sniffing around, but I cannot see him securing a first team place at a championship club just at this stage of his development.

Oh I do hope we can snatch him back.
I wouldn't read anything into that, the Forest website is run by the same group who run our website, and they are responsible for the player profile pages, rather than the individual clubs themselves. I've lost count of the number of times they have incorrectly added or removed players from our site.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297