K*ttering ticket prices

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: K*ttering ticket prices

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
Oh and as for anyone moaning about our prices, that's what season tickets are there for. May I remind you that a season ticket for the De Banke is currently £251, that's £10.90 a game. If you moan when our prices increase by a quid next week then it'll be your own fault, you had the chance to get to games for 90p more than K*ttering but you sat on your arse and did nothing.

I haven't got £250 disposable cash right now so what can I do? Are you going to lend me the money and I'll pay you back in interest free monthly installments? ;)
I get paid monthly so I budget for the games as they come at full price on the turnstyles. Hence I put more money into the club over a season cos I don't have the cash now. I go without other stuff to go to watch the football (I even downgraded my Sky package to the bare minimum!) . You can't sit there and preach to people Rob, without knowing their circumstances.
AFC R & D member number 34
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:
Oh and as for anyone moaning about our prices, that's what season tickets are there for. May I remind you that a season ticket for the De Banke is currently £251, that's £10.90 a game. If you moan when our prices increase by a quid next week then it'll be your own fault, you had the chance to get to games for 90p more than K*ttering but you sat on your arse and did nothing.

I haven't got £250 disposable cash right now so what can I do? Are you going to lend me the money and I'll pay you back in interest free monthly installments? ;)
I get paid monthly so I budget for the games as they come at full price on the turnstyles. Hence I put more money into the club over a season cos I don't have the cash now. I go without other stuff to go to watch the football (I even downgraded my Sky package to the bare minimum!) . You can't sit there and preach to people Rob, without knowing their circumstances.
Quite right, not sure who lives in fantasy land and thinks everyone can afford to pay all that money in a lump sum up front, just be grateful that you can rather than using the langauge that you chose too in abusing others for "sitting on their arse"
Member Number: 21
Everyweeker

Post by Everyweeker »

Oh, and I will say (without a hint of criticism of KC who needs to balance the books) the K*ttering prices are worthy of applause, prices across all levels are far, far too high in this country.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Everyweeker wrote: Quite right, not sure who lives in fantasy land and thinks everyone can afford to pay all that money in a lump sum up front, just be grateful that you can rather than using the langauge that you chose too in abusing others for "sitting on their arse"
True not everyone can afford a season ticket (I'm one of the lucky ones in that respect).
Oh, and I will say (without a hint of criticism of KC who needs to balance the books) the K*ttering prices are worthy of applause, prices across all levels are far, far too high in this country.
Not if they take a massive financial hit. Rob's first paragraph is still very relevant. Dropping prices could prove to be dangerous if results on the field don't come. Going by the ET, Ladak seems to be (stupidly) gambling that they will go up next season, despite how tough this league is to get out of.
Everyweeker

Post by Everyweeker »

Mad Dog wrote:
Everyweeker wrote: Quite right, not sure who lives in fantasy land and thinks everyone can afford to pay all that money in a lump sum up front, just be grateful that you can rather than using the langauge that you chose too in abusing others for "sitting on their arse"
True not everyone can afford a season ticket (I'm one of the lucky ones in that respect).
Not if they take a massive financial hit. Rob's first paragraph is still very relevant. Dropping prices could prove to be dangerous if results on the field don't come. Going by the ET, Ladak seems to be (stupidly) gambling that they will go up next season, despite how tough this league is to get out of.
If it hurts K*ttering financially its even more to appluaded ;)

My point was rather more general, and I agree it may not be financially sound for them. Prices are, I still contend, too high even at NP, but that is due to the structure of football in this country as such I don't have any criticism for KC for those prices.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Everyweeker wrote:Oh, and I will say (without a hint of criticism of KC who needs to balance the books) the K*ttering prices are worthy of applause, prices across all levels are far, far too high in this country.
The majority of that was caused by the massive injection of cash into the top tier by Sky. Everyone else started to live beyond their means and this is where we ended up. The problem for us now is not that our prices are too high, it's that clubs are trying to maintain full time professional squads without any substancial financial input from league sponsors. The FL clubs get a large sponsorship payout so can afford to keep their prices down, we don't get it so can't. It seems IL has decided to give it a go and no doubt fund the shortfall should it fall flat on it's face, and a lot will depend on how the team is doing.
AFC R & D member number 34