JE on non-league show

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

JE on non-league show

Post by AndyKirkup »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/hi/t ... 176112.stm

At about 38 minutes he basically says that Simon Downer won't be with us next season. Also talks about new signings the same as he has elsewhere.

He says Byrne has signed for Forest and we are trying to get him on loan.

No mention of DR+PT.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: JE on non-league show

Post by BartonRaz »

Some interesting stuff in there.

- JE disappointed in Stone, feels he's possibly made a backward step.
- Stone was interviewed for the Barnet managers job.
- Looking for 5 players. (Presumably 3 now)
- Had a target to keep 13 players from last season, now got 12 of them.
- Trying to get Byrne back on loan, possibly for 6 months.
- Downer not representing value for money. Had some amazing performances but too infrequent.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Harry

Post by Harry »

BartonRaz wrote:Some interesting stuff in there.

- JE disappointed in Stone, feels he's possibly made a backward step.
- Stone was interviewed for the Barnet managers job.
- Looking for 5 players. (Presumably 3 now)
- Had a target to keep 13 players from last season, now got 12 of them.
- Trying to get Byrne back on loan, possibly for 6 months.
- Downer not representing value for money. Had some amazing performances but too infrequent.
12/13 is very good to be fair. I'm sure there's no doubt he would have taken that at the start.

I agree with his judgement of Downer. I reckon he'd have spent a lot of time in the treatment room next season.

I'm not confident regarding Byrne, however if we can get him it'll be a huge boost, an unexpected one at that.
Diamond down South.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

BartonRaz wrote:- Downer not representing value for money. Had some amazing performances but too infrequent.
That's a big call considering he was one of our most solid performers in the back end of next season. Like everyone, I trust JE's judgement and hope it pays off and we get someone better in!
Mad Dog
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

DiamondsFan wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:- Downer not representing value for money. Had some amazing performances but too infrequent.
That's a big call considering he was one of our most solid performers in the back end of next season. Like everyone, I trust JE's judgement and hope it pays off and we get someone better in!
True, although tbh if it is down to concerns on injuries as Harry says, JE's got to weigh up whether he's better off bringing in someone else for Downer's wages or keeping him, but not having him available.
AndyKirkup
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

I like Simon Downer, he was immense against K*ttering as mentioned on the non-league show and I also like Jamie Stuart. I've never been 100% confident that I like them as a central defensive partnership though, it might be a good plan to get someone a bit taller.

One thing which seems to have been removed from people's consideration is what if Curtis Osano were to play 46 games at CB? Personally I've liked Corcoran at RB much more than CB, so maybe we actually already have our first choice back 4 at the club and what is needed is another versatile player?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

AndyKirkup wrote:I like Simon Downer, he was immense against K*ttering as mentioned on the non-league show and I also like Jamie Stuart. I've never been 100% confident that I like them as a central defensive partnership though, it might be a good plan to get someone a bit taller.

One thing which seems to have been removed from people's consideration is what if Curtis Osano were to play 46 games at CB? Personally I've liked Corcoran at RB much more than CB, so maybe we actually already have our first choice back 4 at the club and what is needed is another versatile player?
Agreed. Corcoran was rock solid before his injury.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I would of thought we still need another 5 players (whether they be some signings or loans) as there's only 16 players listed on the OS.