Tommo Talk on BBC non-league show

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Tommo Talk on BBC non-league show

Post by AndyKirkup »

Tommo's agent James Barrett was interviewed on the BBC non-league show last week (Mon 21st June) after 40 mins.

Apparently the club has placed a £260k price-tag on him, hence why he's still here and while many championship clubs would pay £100k for him they won't pay that much!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/nonleague/
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Tommo Talk on BBC non-league show

Post by Rushdenjim »

£260k sounds fair to me, however the club shouldn't been stupid enough to think that the figure should be dropped after the second half of the season he had for us! I fink if an offer for £200k came in KC has to take it
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

he's better off in our team for 100k. i agree, i bet the chairman would let him go for 200k. let's hope last season was just a warm up and he'll be even better this season.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

You set your price high, you have to. People are always going to come in and ask for less. I think 200k + add ons is achievable.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Jemfy wrote:You set your price high, you have to. People are always going to come in and ask for less. I think 200k + add ons is achievable.
Agreed, plus I'd be annoyed by way the agent touted him if I was Tommo. Of course clubs are going to come in for him, but it is not his place to start banding around figures to clubs. Comes across as him wanting his cut from a transfer sooner rather than later instead of looking after Tommo's best interests.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Mad Dog wrote:
Jemfy wrote:You set your price high, you have to. People are always going to come in and ask for less. I think 200k + add ons is achievable.
Agreed, plus I'd be annoyed by way the agent touted him if I was Tommo. Of course clubs are going to come in for him, but it is not his place to start banding around figures to clubs. Comes across as him wanting his cut from a transfer sooner rather than later instead of looking after Tommo's best interests.
I'm happy enough with his agent stating how much the club want for him. That puts all interested parties in the same starting position of having a starting figure, if say Peterborough come in for him they will know we have not inflated the price because we believe they have the money. I'm not happy with the agent basically saying that he should be moving up for less.