JE wants to sign J-Lo permanently...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
DiamondsFan

Re: JE wants to sign J-Lo permanently...

Post by DiamondsFan »

I got the impression he was playing for his loan extension today.

To be honest, I don't think he's been that bad when he's been here. I can only judge from home games because I'm an absolute tramp with about 47p and half a packet of softmints to my name so can't get to away games, but I think he's been quite good. He offers us strength and an aerial presence which I reckon we missed when he went off today. He is a lazy bastard at times, but really he's our target man so should be expecting the ball to be played into him and not running onto balls because he has the pace of a dead horse.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

As good as he was today, i can't forget how he played at Forest Green.

I think the Cambridge game summed him up perfectly for anyone who was there. Top class first half, lazy and uninterested second.

JE has a tough call now. There must be a reason he is disliked at almost every other club he has been at, yet still manages a decent strike rate.

Interview with MS re: Louis here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 459889.stm
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote: I think the Cambridge game summed him up perfectly for anyone who was there. Top class first half, lazy and uninterested second.
I still have nightmares about him bottling that challenge before Cambridge scored their first. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over that and for that reason I'm out. By out I mean I don't want us to sign him however poachey he is. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

The 'Starship' was in warp drive today...showed lots of enterprise and photon finishing..!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Mad Dog wrote:Interview from after the game:

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 42,00.html
Perhaps the title of this thread should be "J-Lo wants JE to sign J-Lo permanently..."
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Steve

Post by Steve »

After yesterday, J-Lo has just about convinced me. I'd keep him on loan til the end of the season. He had a good game yesterday, obviously scoring two, and overall I think it's three in sevem for us, which is a decent return, epecially for the type of striker he is.

However, I think we have got to get Smith more involved too. I think his style of play is also something a bit different he looked very direct yesterday and he showed last season he is a natural finisher. Out of the other four, none of them really look to run at the defence and beat their man, and I would say none are natural finishers, apart from Aaron o'Connor on form. Cliff is just a 'right place, right time' man. Personally I can see all our strikers having little spells of not scoring so we should keep the competition up. I think Smith could end up playing a big part for us this season.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

With Wrexham being one of his (many)former clubs, maybe we should keep him a few more days at least!!

He certainly looked good when we played Crawley....for Crawley.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Mad Dog wrote:Interview from after the game:

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 42,00.html
All the players, we're all there for each other and it showed today on the pitch.
A year ago under GH you never thought you'd see that.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Do we sign J-Lo or don't we? It's a heck of a decision that JEMS and the Chairman have to make now, cos obviously when J-Lo wants to turn up he's a real threat. I guess some of the decision will be made once we know where we stand with Tommo (or anyone else that might go). J-Lo himself certainly seems to like the club and the rest of the squad.
AFC R & D member number 34