R.I.P Dale Roberts

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: R.I.P Dale Roberts

Post by Rushdenjim »

Dale was just shown on the BBC SPOTY as part of the feature showing all the sports persons that have passed away this year! RIP Dale x
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Yes just saw that. Very moving.

R.I.P Dale, still can't believe it :(
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

DiamondsR4ever wrote:Mentioned in the BBC Sports Personality Tributes Video, wonderful video recognising the acheivements of many great sporting people
wewantourdarbyback wrote:Shown on the list of sporting people we've lost this year on SPOTY
Just saw this, very sad seeing all those names I noticed, Keith Alexander, Adam Stansfield, Shoya Tomizawa, Dale... just to mention a few

Great tribute to them all.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Just seen Dale's photo come up on "Sport's Personality of the Year" in the section where they commemorate stars who have died during the year.
Some big names there, but good to see that he was included. Well done BBC.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
super noodles

Post by super noodles »

As was Adam Stansfield of Exeter. I thought that was nice of the bbc to recognise them both.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Credit to the BBC for recognising us down in the lower leagues too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZJDrX5rF5E
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

mattreddan wrote:
DiamondsR4ever wrote:Mentioned in the BBC Sports Personality Tributes Video, wonderful video recognising the acheivements of many great sporting people
wewantourdarbyback wrote:Shown on the list of sporting people we've lost this year on SPOTY
Just saw this, very sad seeing all those names I noticed, Keith Alexander, Adam Stansfield, Shoya Tomizawa, Dale... just to mention a few

Great tribute to them all.
Now on Iplayer at 1H 55M 30, or Youtube

Some nice words on the ET Website too from Dale's Sponsors and Jon Dunham
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I was in the audience at SP last night and when Dale's pic came up i was very pleased that he had been recognised by the beeb. I'm not ashamed to say i had a tear in my eye and lump in my throat, but was RDFC fan last night. Miss you Dale! :cry:
olio

Post by olio »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:I was in the audience at SP last night and when Dale's pic came up i was very pleased that he had been recognised by the beeb. I'm not ashamed to say i had a tear in my eye and lump in my throat, but was RDFC fan last night. Miss you Dale! :cry:
I was there too, and felt glad that somebody from Non League, especially someone as nice as Dale, had been recognised by BBC. I felt sad and had goose-pimples all around my body, but I was so proud to be there as a Diamonds Fan and that he has been recognized, which is fully deserved.
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »