Joe Day !!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
CalversonDiamond

Joe Day !!

Post by CalversonDiamond »

Ok first things first Joe Day has been good this season and has shown some impressive goal keeping skills and i have to admit he's done well when called upon over the last couple of games due to the circumstances we all know about, but we can't keep telling ourselves give Joe a break he's come into goal at a hard time for the club !! Yes i agree but however i really think its time now we looked toward getting a stronger figure head between the sticks on loan as we need it defenders need to know if they fail to clear the ball or make a strong tackle they have an experinced Kepper behind them to deal with the situtation, and from what im hearing from last night Joe is not that, i have every faith he's guna be a hot prospect for the future but right now with the club 13th in the league its time for a change inbetween the sticks so that we can perhaps still challenge at least for the top 8 !! So i don't agree with the calls to get him out altogether but yes time for a change, thanks Joe but now we need a leader and stronger figure at the back !!!

What do we all think ????? :)
Flying High, Up In The sky, The Rushden Pheonix is flying high, From Our chosen ground, To The Football League, The Rushden Pheonix Is Flying High,[/color]
OsanoIsKing

Re: Joe Day !!

Post by OsanoIsKing »

I think that's a load of b*llocks to be honest.

The kid's hardly put a foot wrong, last night he went for a cross and had a couple of players challenging for it, fairly may I add. If he didn't come for it they had a free header, so he had to and he just couldn't get a proper connection on it because of the challenge.

He was a bit hesitant for the Alty first goal, but other than that I can't think of a mistake he's made.

His kicking can be a bit mixed, but he's 18. The more he plays, the more he'll learn and gain confidence. The worst thing we could do would be drop him, especially without having a poor run of form.

You say about the defence being worried about having an inexperienced 'keeper behind them...a) The defence are hardly experienced and b) Joe Day can't have too much faith in them the way they're playing lately!!
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Joe kept a fully fit Dale out of the team and on the bench remember. He's young and he works incredibly hard. He needs our support right now to be honest.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Plus, with Prosser and Thorne he has the opportunity to forge a relationship with 2 new centre backs who are big lads and will hopefully afford him a bit of protection, they weren't there last night remember and on Saturday they'd hardly met....... a bit of time is needed.

The team is changing, with more changes to come before the end of January I'd wager, and personally I'd stand by Joe, he's young, he will make mistakes, but if he didn't he'd be playing League Football.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but Justin IS right, we're creating chances and hopefully things will tighten up at the back and we'll start to get a bit of luck at the other end of the pitch.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

Time for return of the Turley? Only joking. We've got the lad from Dorchester currently on trial and, if he makes the grade, he would be adaquate back-up for Joe, along with James Broadbent and the ever-youthful Lance Key.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Cotty wrote:Time for return of the Turley? Only joking. We've got the lad from Dorchester currently on trial .
Both featuring tonight!
alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

Lad from Dorchester is pretty much a done deal by the looks of this. Also has ties with Liam Beasent (spelling) one of the new chairmen....just hope its not another Neil Cousins

http://www.dorchestertownfc.co.uk/news/ ... 11-1.shtml
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Diamondsforever wrote:Joe kept a fully fit Dale out of the team and on the bench remember. He's young and he works incredibly hard. He needs our support right now to be honest.

To be fair (watch this get ripped to pieces) we only know that Dale was "physically" fit, but maybe not mentally.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

It's a fair point but if he hadn't been mentally fit then I'd have to question why he was even on the bench.
Anyway, my point is that Joe is a young keeper with plenty of potential; he was doing well enough before this poor run of results started and he now finds himself in the unenviable position of being our first choice keeper in dreadful circumstances; it must be hard for a youngster to deal with that kind of pressure. He needs our support, not this constant criticism.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

The kid gets my support 100%. I'd never want to be in his position, the only saving grace is like you said he was in goal before Dale died.
As for keeping Dale on the bench, nobody knows what his moods were like. For all we know he may have been up and down, and therefore a bit of a liability for 90 mins but ok as a sub as we had no other cover.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.