SUPPORT

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
alex_RDFC

Re: SUPPORT

Post by alex_RDFC »

BartonRaz wrote:"£17 this £17 that" - tighter than a ducks arse you lot.

(and i'm not refering to you OD2)
Its not just the ticket price. The cost of a matchday is increasing fullstop with the rise in fuel etc. I currently live in leicester so the cost of me driving there, plus my car parking, plus an increase in ticketing makes for a very expensive match day!

Ive also just brought a house so with my mortgage and all my bills etc, £25-£30 every week or two really isn't easy to come by!
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

We've got 3 consecutive home games in a week, it costs me £29 a game for me and my 2 under 16s to get in - that's £87 pounds in a week to watch football :shock: Add to that a cup of tea at half time, a few 50/50 tickets, maybe a snack for the kids and there's not much left out of over £100 and I haven't even thought about the ridiculous cost of petrol to get us there. Enough said I think.

To be honest, and pretty blunt about it, the prices are what they; I can't see it changing any time soon so our choice is either pay up or don't go - simple as that. It's about personal choice and we each have our own right to do that. From my own point of view, I'm glad that I'm committed to something at work next Tuesday evening so won't have to sit at home feeling that I'm missing out.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm not allowed to comment on the entrance fee anymore; but then again I don't need to, it speaks for itself !! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
bedforddiamond

Post by bedforddiamond »

BartonRaz wrote:
bedforddiamond wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:"£17 this £17 that" - tighter than a ducks arse you lot.

(and i'm not refering to you OD2)
Barton how much do you pay to get in ?
Nout because I bought a season ticket.
I realise your not the brightest bulb in the box Barton, but you did actually pay something to get in, because I would suggest you 'paid' for your season ticket. Did you pay the adult, student, junior or OAP rate? Just a simple enquiry, thank you :)
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

bedforddiamond wrote: I realise your not the brightest bulb in the box Barton, but you did actually pay something to get in, because I would suggest you 'paid' for your season ticket. Did you pay the adult, student, junior or OAP rate? Just a simple enquiry, thank you :)
I didn't pay anything to 'get in' last night then did I? I paid it in one lump sum at the start of the season. Very nice of you to question my intelligence for the second week running, though.

My season ticket was a concession, but the money I saved on that has gone going to places like Eastwood and Hayes. Not to mention the fact I have to travel twice as far as you (depending on where you live in Bedfordshire) to games.

You chose to stay at home and watch Chelsea V Man Utd. Infact, you chose to go down the pub and watch it. If you are as tight as i suspect then you probably got yourself an orange juice and left your mates at home to save yourself buying rounds - however if I or any other self respecting young adult went to the pub to watch football i'd spend more than the £17 it would cost (an adult paying on the gate) to watch my club play.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

With me the £17 thing has always been the principle of being forced to pay the same as someone in a seat, its wrong and should be challenged at the highest level - a £4 (33%) increase for an adult on the PDB in one season was a joke, as is making me to pay to join a Trust just to get a discount. But that is my choice.

That said, times are getting harder and if you've got a mortgage, bills to pay etc AND you're worried about the security of your job, you're not going to be having a great deal of disposable income to blow on football. Thats the harsh reality for many people now and its going to get worse !

I'm lucky (at the moment!!) I can afford it - I've got to work now the evening of the Luton game, but even if I hadn't, I wouldn't have been there due to the price (its not included in my half season ticket), not because I can't afford it, but because I want to see the club fight against the Conference's stupid policy - my stupid principles (in some people's eyes) !! Its the only place in the UK where the governing body enforces a same charge for all areas of the ground and its plainly wrong and should be challenged. We're being penalised for having a modern stadium, its price fixing plain and simple.

I'm jumping back off my pedestal now :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

The club has already announced in the programme that it's losing a lot of money due to the discount that the Trust members currently enjoy, and it will be implementing a new pricing policy/ structure for next season. Let's hope it's more sensible and fair than this season's which has shown (with diminishing attendances) that it is not working.
AFC R & D member number 34
bedforddiamond

Post by bedforddiamond »

Thank you Barton for replying :) I'm a little disapointed that you accuse 'us lot' of being tight when you claimed a reduced price season ticket. Perhaps some one with your high moral judgement should make a donation to the club for the difference, I mean you wouldn't want to be classed as tight as a ducks ass would you ;) ?

As for travelling to away games, um don't we all have roughly the same expense? I can also assure you I did buy my round in the pub :| but my night out didn't cost me £17 and as Piggers has quite rightly explained on many occasions, the cost is not the point, the way it was implemented and forced upon us is the reason I object to it. Worringly maybe I have high morals :shock: also :) ;)
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

bedforddiamond wrote:Thank you Barton for replying :) I'm a little disapointed that you accuse 'us lot' of being tight when you claimed a reduced price season ticket. Perhaps some one with your high moral judgement should make a donation to the club for the difference, I mean you wouldn't want to be classed as tight as a ducks ass would you ;) ?

As for travelling to away games, um don't we all have roughly the same expense? I can also assure you I did buy my round in the pub :| but my night out didn't cost me £17 and as Piggers has quite rightly explained on many occasions, the cost is not the point, the way it was implemented and forced upon us is the reason I object to it. Worringly maybe I have high morals :shock: also :) ;)
Why would I buy an adult season ticket when i'm entitled to a concession? That doesn't make any sense. A donation to the club? Nope, that doesn't make sense either. You've got more faces than Janine Butcher in that post.

Clearly I meant home games. I realise that you are not the 'brightest bulb in the box' - perhaps i should have made myself clearer.

In the match thread you stated that you didn't go tonight because £17 was too much (or to be more precise - "I will not pay that amount to watch non-league football"), not because of the way it was implemented. Why the change of heart?

You don't need to thank me for replying every time.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Last night's attendances:-

Darlington (against Fleetwood) 1446
Forest Green (against Luton) 1015
Hayes (against Wimbledon) 708
Newport (against Cambridge) 1360
Rushden (against Bath) 804
Southport (against Histon) 652
York (against Gateshead) 2290

Therefore apart from York, who have a reasonable fanbase, pretty poor all round. There are many folk who can't afford to pay for mid week matches and there's just too many matches at the wrong time of the season. There needs to be a radical rethink about the fixture list in addition to all clubs taking a long hard look at their admission charges. I would love to know out of our crowd last evening who had a season ticket.