Vanessa Perroncel.......................

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
woody

Re: Vanessa Perroncel.......................

Post by woody »

Irish Diamond wrote:As a fan of Terry I think the headline after his match-winning header yesterday "Terry rises above it all" is the best of the lot (Guardian). ;) :D
He had no choice ID if his career is not to suffer!. I would lay odds on him losing the armband as Cappello hates this disruption within his teams especially from his Captains.

This guy has courted controversy over alleged racisim, and now abuse of privilege.

I for one (and many others were verbal on the radio today) having him representing England with a possibility of picking up the World Cup, would besmurch Bobby Moore and the other Winners that were GREAT ambassadors for this great nation of ours.
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

woody wrote:
Irish Diamond wrote:As a fan of Terry I think the headline after his match-winning header yesterday "Terry rises above it all" is the best of the lot (Guardian). ;) :D
He had no choice ID if his career is not to suffer!. I would lay odds on him losing the armband as Cappello hates this disruption within his teams especially from his Captains.

This guy has courted controversy over alleged racisim, and now abuse of privilege.

I for one (and many others were verbal on the radio today) having him representing England with a possibility of picking up the World Cup, would besmurch Bobby Moore and the other Winners that were GREAT ambassadors for this great nation of ours.
Who would you pick as England captain though if Terry were stripped of it? Beckham, Ferdinand, Rooney, Cole, Gerrard? All of them have some history of controversy, even Lampard does to a degree.

On the subject of Terry, his brother's song should now be changed to:
"His tackles are rather frightful, but his passing is so delightful. His brother likes adultery, P*** T****, P*** T****, P*** T****." ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

another quote from the radio...

"Terry's going to be on both the front and back pages tomorrow for scoring away from home"

:D

In all fairness though I don't think it should effect his footballing career, he's still the best choice for captain. Rio and Cole are too unreliable, Gerrard and Rooney have tempers on them, and Becks isn't even a certainty to be picked. Lampard would be my choice IF he were stripped but isn't Lampard currently going through a "divorce" for having a bit on the side? Would be a bit hypocritical to give him it.
ID

Post by ID »

It brings up the age-old question, then, Woody: should a footballing captain (and, regardless of your alliance, it is hard to find a better one on the pitch) be judged for matters off it. Gazza, Best, Charlie George, Onandi Lowe, Billy Turley, Beckham, Roy Keane etc. etc.... all great players (in their respective arenas) with controversy off the pitch. Yet still exceptional (again, in their respective fields - I am not lightly comparing Georgie B to Billy T) players.

WOODY, genuine question (not trying to trick you, just want your opinion): after today's game, if Rooney had a background of (for example) 'alleged racism' and crime in his family (remember Terry's mother?), would you still be singing his praises? I think JT is a rather easy targer considering your (and other non-CFC fans) allegiance.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
woody

Post by woody »

Irish Diamond wrote:It brings up the age-old question, then, Woody: should a footballing captain (and, regardless of your alliance, it is hard to find a better one on the pitch) be judged for matters off it. Gazza, Best, Charlie George, Onandi Lowe, Billy Turley, Beckham, Roy Keane etc. etc.... all great players (in their respective arenas) with controversy off the pitch. Yet still exceptional (again, in their respective fields - I am not lightly comparing Georgie B to Billy T) players.

WOODY, genuine question (not trying to trick you, just want your opinion): after today's game, if Rooney had a background of (for example) 'alleged racism' and crime in his family (remember Terry's mother?), would you still be singing his praises? I think JT is a rather easy targer considering your (and other non-CFC fans) allegiance.
I am not being partisan with Rooney. I think the armband would do him good...... but Strikers don't really make good captains. Rio is flawed and rarely fit, Stevie G is flawed, but maybe should as second in command take over.

As for JT, he was the only Cheskie player I really and truly admired, then came the 'black monkey' allegations and the Terry family inherent alleged loathing of ethnic groups. This latest series of incidents just make me cringe. YES, I want us to win the World Cup, and with JT's leadership qualities we could exactly that..................HOWEVER, many football fans can never be persuaded that people like him, bring the game into disrepute, but would rather turn a blind eye for the sake of winning.
Not my way...............and if we are to believe the media, Cappello and Baldini won't be reaching for their eye patches or Rose Tinted Specs. Lets wait and see what those in power have to say and/or sanction when they meet on Thursday.
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

David James for captain. Dino Zoff won the World cup from this position.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
woody

Post by woody »

rudolph_hucker wrote:David James for captain. Dino Zoff won the World cup from this position.
Great Choice..................but will Fabio see him as Goalie Number One?

The person to take over (If JT is fired) MUST virtually play every game in all the rounds. There aren't many of those to choose from APART from JT. (Others may play some, but not all games, hence the choice of a Vice Captain originally by FC)

I think a compromise will need to be found, as the TEAM BRIDGE fans & players are making JT's position untenable. If it were me, I would fire him (or even demote him). Make Stevie G the Captain and Wayne Rooney Vice Captain. The latter would gave Roo the reponsibility "to curb his temper and endeavour to remain on the pitch for all the games we play" - Its a growing up thing.

Whatever happens.... the days of JT the Super Power - I can do no wrong, has now gone (Thank God for that both at Club and International Level)
Billy Connolly
ID

Post by ID »

The same Stevie G who 'decked' a lad in a pub recently? ;)

Personally I also think David James would make a good captain, although he would have to establish himself as no.1 first.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
woody

Post by woody »

Irish Diamond wrote:The same Stevie G who 'decked' a lad in a pub recently? ;)

I did say FLAWED (however his trial stated he was NOT GUILTY OF AFFRAY) - So we must give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for JT, if he is NOT GUILTY.............then there are going to be some very rich lawyers :lol: :lol: Plus there MUST be substance, as the Judge retracted the 'Gagging Order' in favour of the NOTW
Billy Connolly
woody

Post by woody »

So....................all the RED TOPS are baying for JT blood. No longer is the NOTW alone!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/71 ... ffair.html

The Sun alleges quite clearly JT got the lady pregnant, that HE arranged an abortion, then it is also alleged that he paid her £20k - to 'cheer herself up'.

The Mirror alleges "Disgraced England captain John Terry got best pal Wayne Bridge’s ­girlfriend pregnant.

And he then ­arranged for devastated Vanessa Perroncel to have an abortion as he shamelessly tried to keep the scandal ­under wraps."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -22007179/

Daily Mail (They make more of the way JT tried to gag the press, but the Judge decided the abortion altered the whole matter)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rtion.html
Billy Connolly