R.I.P Dale Roberts

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: R.I.P Dale Roberts

Post by Biggles »

Cotty wrote:At the recent fans forum moving tributes were paid to Dale and also to the way in which Justin and the club had handled the tragedy.Yet nothing was said about permanently celebrating Dale's memory in some way at Nene Park. What, if anything,is being done? Should some of us on here get together to organise something to make sure that his memory is properly marked?
Please remember Dales family should dictate what if any tribute they want to his memory.

If they want no memorial then we should abide their wishes, so prior arranging anything i suggest you enquire via the Club, I think Canon Rog was the man liasing with the Family.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

I have been in contact with the club about the Memorial Game that was suggested. Gary Calder was busy all last week, so as it stands it's out of my hands.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

don't forget that some of you people who pledged money for the banner have still to send it to Stuart!
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Cotty wrote:don't forget that some of you people who pledged money for the banner have still to send it to Stuart!
It would be helpful ta.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Wow...I have finally managed to log on to my account....For some reason Australia wouldn't let me on to this forum and its been frustrating period not to be able to voice your opinion.

I have been following all the latest results and dramas surrounding the club in recent months and really wanted to show my respect at the time and it was very frustrating not to be able to. I had a few friends that knew Dale quite well, and although I had only briefly spoken to him, being in the De Banke most Saturdays, down the front, I felt like I knew him well. He was one of my favourite diamonds players ever to have worn the shirt and it was a huge huge shock to hear the news. I was genuinely devastated, and still can't believe it sometimes, when looking back at match highlights from last season. My thoughts are with his family and friends and boy do I hope this team does him proud for the rest of the season. I believe we're starting to find some form now and so lets give a good account of ourselves. All we can do now is help support the team and the club...so if you have the time and you have the money, get down to Nene Park and get behind the boys.

R.I.P Dale

You'll never be forgotten
alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

we miss you big lad. Keep smiling up there. RIP Dale
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 20,00.html

Renaming of the middle of the PDB taking place, a plaque will be placed there also. Donates to Gill Wignall
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Rushdenjim wrote:http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 20,00.html

Renaming of the middle of the PDB taking place, a plaque will be placed there also. Donates to Gill Wignall
Great jesture, quite a few people will be happy with this!
CalversonDiamond

Post by CalversonDiamond »

Absouletly Brilliant idea would be good to see Dales Plaque amongst us in the De Bank !!
Flying High, Up In The sky, The Rushden Pheonix is flying high, From Our chosen ground, To The Football League, The Rushden Pheonix Is Flying High,[/color]
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

A message from Dale Roberts' Family

Post by Dazzler »

I have been asked to pass on a message from Dale's Family ahead of tomorrow's game. As you probably know they will be doing a presentation in the Kimberley Suite after the game.
> (Official Site Link) <

Message from Dale's Parents follows:

My family and I would like to thank everyone for their kindness and support during this very difficult time. We also appreciate the outstanding support and encouragement you gave our Dale during his short, football career. Although no-one will ever replace Dale, it means so much to us that a stand will be named in memory of him and that the number 1 jersey will always be his. Dale would agree with me when saying that I hope the support continues to help get the team back into the league where they belong, and that they then go from strength to strength.

A Memorial fund in Dale's name will continue and set up to help worthy causes and Adam Johnson a dear friend of Dales, has asked to be Ambassador.

Once again, we would like to extend our deepest gratitude to all of you for remembering our son, who was a Diamond through and through.

Therefore, we would like to present you with Dale's England & Rushden and Diamonds Number 1 jerseys with the caption " Dale a Diamond Forever "

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
George & Isabel Roberts