Donations and pledges for season tickets.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mrhappy

Re: Donations and pledges for season tickets.

Post by mrhappy »

I suggest you talk to Warren Barber. A press release is/has going out and an interview with the ET is due to take place today.
Cheers
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Pressman wrote:These are questions that possible new investors / sponsors will need to know if they are to buy season tickets / invest into the club or even buy the club.
Who have you been talking to Chris? It sounds like you know something.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

OK I've heard the name before but don't know who Warren Barber is so will liaise with Gill tonight to find out where he can be contacted and if he is the figurehead of this campaign.

Someone needs to be and quickly!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Pressman wrote: What is the actual amount that we need to raise to secure the short term future? £250K or different? This is crucial to any intended sponsor / investor / sugar daddy. Also what is the real extent of the debt which is anything between £750k and £2m dependent on who you believe.
£2m? That is the first i've heard of that.

Unless anyone else heard differently, didn't KC say the debt was £750k, and a considerable chunk of that was owed to him?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

BartonRaz wrote:
Pressman wrote: What is the actual amount that we need to raise to secure the short term future? £250K or different? This is crucial to any intended sponsor / investor / sugar daddy. Also what is the real extent of the debt which is anything between £750k and £2m dependent on who you believe.
£2m? That is the first i've heard of that.

Unless anyone else heard differently, didn't KC say the debt was £750k, and a considerable chunk of that was owed to him?
£2m is probably slight lower than it actually is. £3 million is nearer i would GUESS. £2.2ish of that is owed to KC, through the investments he made over the 5 years he was in control. He agree to write that off for Liam and Steve if certain things were done, which havnt been, as currently the debt to him still stands. However if has stated he will happily write that debt off if we took the club back. The 750k is the reminding debt which liam and Steve have racked up in 4 months and need to be paid. The 250k is what needs to be paid very very soon!
smiggy123

Post by smiggy123 »

Is there any way we can try and get national publicity or is there a specific paper, website or agency company that potential investors or even a buyer from dubai :D . could hear about our plight,only seen anything in the locals and NLP . need to spread the word. remember readingabout kiddy and wrexham in the dailys
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

Thanks for that Jim.

These are not trick or alarm questions just an absolute necessity for transparency when dealing with the press and the wider public.

Your reference to KC's figure tallies with what I have.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Trek »

Rushdenjim wrote: The 750k is the reminding debt which liam and Steve have racked up in 4 months and need to be paid. The 250k is what needs to be paid very very soon!
Have they? I find it very difficult to believe this is above board football club only expenditure in a four month period. :evil:
detoxbirdy

Post by detoxbirdy »

Speaking to locals over the last couple of days I think that it is also important to get across the message that we have in some way been scammed (in a legal manner of course) and not that the club has actually ran up huge debts because no one knows what they are doing and cannot manage a business

On Twitter and Facebook some of the comments are made about how we have paid big money to players, not run it properly and now that our "Sugar daddy's" have left us we're begging for help

These comments are hard to read, unfair and so far from the truth, I agree with all previous comments that we must get a positive and structured message out
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Trek »

Just think about for one minute, if the Club has genuine debts of 750k incurred in a four month period then this equates to over 2 million quid expenditure in a fiscal year and that's ignoring any income from season tickets, gate receipts, sponsorship etc.

Something doesn't add up in my simple mind. I think a forensic accountant is required. :shock: