List of potential sponsors... Please add...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
smiggy123

Re: List of potential sponsors... Please add...

Post by smiggy123 »

Robert Wiseman dairies (raunds) Mcdonalds , white arches caravans ,TNT ,JEWSONS,TESCO, BUSHBOARD,GAZEWAY
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Stalin wrote:Your talking about advertising, just presumed by sponsorship everyone was talking about shirt sponsors.

Could see how that would work for Santa Pod or Dominoes.

Its a tricky sell, even a board around the pitch wouldn't generate much revenue for the advertiser unless, like you mentioned it was Santa Pod or Dominoes.

Must just be me, can't remove the business head, if my phone rang and somebody from the Club was trying to sell me space at Nene Park I'd have to turn it down.
So what do you propose then?
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I work in management and know a lot of big companies have money in the budget which is there to support the local community. Admittedly, this is usually put into grass routes because "Mick" the flt driver has a son called "Jimmy" who plays as centre forward but from my experience its something that they usually struggle with, especially as a lot of managers in the companies i've worked for (me included) commute and therefore know very little about the surrounding area and community.

A call to one of the "big wigs" at one of these local sites/offices could be just the call. We may be surprised. One of the companies I previously worked at, almost bought a box for the season at Nene Park but the Ops Manager was slightly put off by the price at the time. They did however have one at Coventry City when the Ricoh was built that they kept on for at least 3 years. This was used as a treat for employees who were doing well and for customers/suppliers as a sweetner. The Ricoh wasn't just football at the time, they used to hold a few concerts there too etc.

We keep hearing from anyone who visits what a fantastic set up and facilities we have so why wouldn't a company want to bring there people down to the club as part of a sponsorship package.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Stalin wrote:Don't want to pour cold water onto this thread but with the exception of maybe Croyland Motors nobody mentioned so far would be interested.

Unless the owner has a massive ego and wanted to just throw away money; sponsoring the Diamonds isn't value for money, can't think of any benefit a company would get being associated with the club.

Croyland Motors might think they could sell some extra cars if somebody saw their name on the shirts but a company like Weetabix or Hotpoint just wouldn't be interested.

Weetabix could gain more exposure with just one TV advert during Loose Women then they would through the Diamonds in front of people who already know the brand.

If premiership and championship teams are struggling for shirt sponsors what hope do the Diamonds have?

Brands who sponsor shirts now are either multi national companies or based online. I think Diamonds are heading towards the local butcher / accountant type route.
Yes no doubt we would be knocked back or just ignored but just maybe a company may look at things from another angle or look outside the normal box or the marketing boss may be having a strange day and think local for once.

The saying goes if you don't ask you don't get, in my mind its along shot but a long punt sometimes gets you a goal.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Biggles wrote: The saying goes if you don't ask you don't get, in my mind its along shot but a long punt sometimes gets you a goal.
You've been watching Swansea vs Forrest. ;)

On a serious note, completely agree. Companies need to be approached and asked otherwise there will be no sponsorship money forthcoming.
Arendee

Post by Arendee »

I agree with the comments about the lack of value from advertising and agree that, unless we find a generous sympathetic individual, this has got limited value as a marketing tool to most companies. What we do have though and what was mentioned by KC at the forum is a great meeting venue. We could offer a package that gave, for example, 20 meetings and 20 match tickets for an all in sponsorship package. At least it would be offering something very different to what the competition could offer.

Years ago companies such as BT and Autoglass used to use the facilities in this way and must still spend thousands with somebody on offsite meeting venues. We need time to put these sort of things together though.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Subway has been here a while now.
I know, so if there's a new shop imminent locally, no doubt they can share the advertising cost ?
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I think national companies will give diddly squat to a local footballl club with minimum support and media coverage. They all have too many charities/deserving causes approaching already them for donations.

Our best support is approaching local independent companies who may wish to help for a donation/commitment to advertising, match sponsorship etc.. However, I reckon Rachel Roberts has a list as long as your arm so she should be, IMHO, central to any approach to them.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

diamondal wrote:
The Godfather wrote:Adolf Hitler.
You are obviously one very sad persn (or child) :roll:
Thank you very much...
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."