Final Appeal for Fans to support Diamonds - ET article

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Final Appeal for Fans to support Diamonds - ET article

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:
bozzer wrote:
KC hands over to someone without doing full due diligence and they don"t have the money they say they do, then we accrue 750k of debt in the meantime.
We still have not been advised how accurate this figure is. :shock: Seems to have been another guesstismate by KC. Maybe it suits the Beasants to have mystery surrounding the true extent of the debt and perhaps that is why they entrusted an ex carpet fitter/cab driver to do the accounts. :evil:
This one ?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: i think we were all in agreement at the time of the takeover that the business plan sounded like a good one
I think the majority of fans had no faith that a start up enterprise that at that stage had not yet started trading was going to bring in sufficient revenue to materially assist in financing our Club.
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Well this article does annoy me and others will also who are putting the effort in to help save the club,what KC has to understand we havent had 6 months like the Beasants to dig the hole ,we only got 2 weeks to fill it in.
How can everyone give all their time to this when they still have to bring money into their own homes,which is tough at the moment,especially when people trying to raise the money are also creditors owed by the club.
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

I happen to think the amount raised so far is a sterling effort from all involved - well done us I say.

There is more to be done and we will carry on doing it though.

I suspect either Keith had hoped a rich supporter among us had stepped in by now with the full amount or and I believe this to be more likely, his comments are designed to galvanise further media attention and invoke the fury of the fans to re-double their efforts and bring even more into the fold.

What really irks me is the comment from Stephen Beasant wanting to see how much we had got. Well that has quite frankly bugger all to do with him and his son at this time, unless they have plans for its use........I will not finish that sentence though.

If he is working on investments still to bring into the club, how about for once they let us know what those figures are likely to be and show their hand first to gain some possible trust back from the loyal and trustworthy supporters of RDFC.

If the ET had any bloody balls, they would be going after the Beasants looking for where the hell the money has gone. KC handed it over in a state of non debt - creditors were balanced against debtors. So get off your backsides ET, stop the bullshit about the merger option - it will NOT happen, neither party of fans want it, so if it does it will be doomed to failure from the start - and start digging into the finances. Somewhere along the line a cool 3/4 of a million pounds has gone a wandering.....how about some investigative journalism for a change instead of tabloid grabbing headlines.

As for me - I'm off to donate again and send some tweets and posts on facebook.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
nsman

Post by nsman »

It seemed unlikely that £250k could be raised quickly by the fans although it's been a bloody good effort. Quite frankly, for all the emotional goodwill at the supporters meeting, there simply was not enough money in the room. This is not a well off area and most fans probably also feel that a £750k black hole (especially as its of someone else's making) is simply to much to fill.
Maybe it would be better if the money raised was retained to make a bid to buy the club out of administration (when the debts are wiped out) or to offer financial support to another party who might come in at that stage. There might be enough money to fund a pheonix club to promotion from the lower leagues, building support and income as it rises. (If we were in a lower league, a temporary ground share with KT might also be feasible - reducing costs).
I think this is our best hope now.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

As I said before, if any of the money I have pledged ends up in the pockets of "those people" I will be furious !!

They have to audacity to want to know how much has been raised when they can't even be arsed to tell us the true figure owed or how they got us into this situation in the first place !!

I'm starting to think sod it, let the club fold and leave them with the debts to sort out, bankcrupt them again and let them sort it out - in the meantime lets start a new club somewhere, use what we've raised thus far to that end and not chucking it into a black hole bailing them out in the process.

I've done none of the hard work so many on here have done this past few weeks to raise funds and certain comments there have really annoyed me, god knows how you guys must feel !! You deserve plaudits, not implied criticism !!

Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing !! Such a true saying !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Yeah, really well done to all who have put the efforts in and thank you, I've done what I can on twitter and on forums but definitely not as much as I would have liked to have done and I fear when it gets to the time when my uni exams are over and I do have the time to help out in what way I can to raise funds, it might be too late :cry:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Arendee

Post by Arendee »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing !! Such a true saying !!
My view exactly - the more I read the less I believe the story that's being pedaled.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

In tomorrow's ET

"High Court ruling over crisis football club"

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/local ... _1_2703058
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Taken from the ET article on their website;-

"But former owner Keith Cousins, who chaired a fans forum last week, says the response to the appeal had been disappointing.
Mr Cousins said: “The response has not been as full as all of us had hoped and we are encouraging everyone to do what they can to help as a matter of urgency.
There is still a little bit of time."

Now I read that as "the response" to the effort/ appeal being disappointing, not the effort/ appeal itself (which has been tremendous). Strange how we imply the written word!

Lots of excellent points in this thread from all posters. Like most, I'm hoping there is some cack-handed plan behind all this that we haven't cottoned onto yet, but I fear there isn't. I can't figure where the HMRC debt has come from considering KC refuted it being left from his tenure at the crisis meeting. The only debts I can see are the ones to the Wignalls being allegedly £50k (to R & DFC), the Cloverdale £50k, the players & staff (god knows what that is), the landladies (unknown again), possibly gas & electric (unknown) and the debts to KC (unknown - but he claimed that he was a major creditor). I didn't include Gary Calder, cos I don't know if his input was to the PB Devs side.
AFC R & D member number 34