Final Appeal for Fans to support Diamonds - ET article

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Final Appeal for Fans to support Diamonds - ET article

Post by Formic »

Two of Diamonds wrote:<snip> I can't figure where the HMRC debt has come from considering KC refuted it being left from his tenure at the crisis meeting. << snip >>
I thought KC explained the "handover" quite well - with Dave Wignall backing him up, but I can see it still left some confused. What he said was that the credits equalled the debits when he handed the club over - and Dave confirmed that SB had confirmed this at the creditors meeting. In other words, there were monies owing to various quarters such as HMRC when he handed the club over*, but these were covered by the money still to be paid by various parties, and thus could have been cleared when these monies were received. Obviously we don't know if they were.

*The club statement regarding the points deduction confirmed this.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Olly wrote:In tomorrow's ET

"High Court ruling over crisis football club"

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/local ... _1_2703058
Well i know from the Court orders published that Luton Town are down for a hearing on Monday.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Two of Diamonds wrote: The only debts I can see are the ones to the Wignalls being allegedly £50k (to R & DFC), the Cloverdale £50k, the players & staff (god knows what that is), the landladies (unknown again), possibly gas & electric (unknown) and the debts to KC (unknown - but he claimed that he was a major creditor). I didn't include Gary Calder, cos I don't know if his input was to the PB Devs side.
I believe Gill's debt to the Club was actually 60k with a further 50k loaned to PB Devs. The Cloverdale debt seems to be anything between 50 and 70k and which is, IIRC, disputed on quantum so this would obviously feature in any winding up hearing. Putting aside any debt to HRMC, we as fans have been given no figures on amounts outstanding to any other party. The Beasants have choosen not to tell us and therefore I can't see how KC/RDFC Supporters Group/Trust can make an informed judgement on whether the Club is worth saving.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Anyone got the ET today, anything new?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Olly wrote:Anyone got the ET today, anything new?
Not on us, no.

The High Court ruling was on Rothwell, who can't go into administration as they're a club, not a company.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Ah right thanks, didn't realise we weren't the only 'crisis club' in the area.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote: I believe Gill's debt to the Club was actually 60k with a further 50k loaned to PB Devs. The Cloverdale debt seems to be anything between 50 and 70k and which is, IIRC, disputed on quantum so this would obviously feature in any winding up hearing. Putting aside any debt to HRMC, we as fans have been given no figures on amounts outstanding to any other party. The Beasants have choosen not to tell us and therefore I can't see how KC/RDFC Supporters Group/Trust can make an informed judgement on whether the Club is worth saving.
:oops: Thanks for putting it the right way around, I got confusdibobbled. Spot on with your last sentence.
AFC R & D member number 34
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Trek wrote:I believe Gill's debt to the Club was actually 60k with a further 50k loaned to PB Devs.
I'm sorry to be incredibly pedantic but that should read - Gill's LOAN to the Club, not debt (Gill isn't the one with the debt, the Club is!)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Trek wrote:I believe Gill's debt to the Club was actually 60k with a further 50k loaned to PB Devs.
I'm sorry to be incredibly pedantic but that should read - Gill's LOAN to the Club, not debt (Gill isn't the one with the debt, the Club is!)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Diamondsforever wrote: I'm sorry to be incredibly pedantic but that should read - Gill's LOAN to the Club, not debt (Gill isn't the one with the debt, the Club is!)
Of course. :oops: