IS THE YOUTH ABOUT TO END?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
smiggy123

IS THE YOUTH ABOUT TO END?

Post by smiggy123 »

At trianing tonite we were approached by the head of youth ,Mark Starmer who basically told us that no body from the club has spoken to him ,he hasn't a clue whats happening and he is on the verge of walking away (regrettably) as he is awaiting wages owed we were told to look at other options (ie; other clubs)as nobody knows whats happening.What a shame when you look at whats produced.as you can gather there was a lot of pi..ed off people :roll: :( :(
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: IS THE YOUTH ABOUT TO END?

Post by Rushdenjim »

Surely he should at least await the outcome of the trust AGM tonight, as they might have an answer for the youth team!
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Well if he has had no wages for weeks on end,he has a family to keep and i am sure a few offers ,he doesnt owe the club anything.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

smiggy123 wrote:At trianing tonite we were approached by the head of youth ,Mark Starmer who basically told us that no body from the club has spoken to him ,he hasn't a clue whats happening and he is on the verge of walking away (regrettably) as he is awaiting wages owed we were told to look at other options (ie; other clubs)as nobody knows whats happening.What a shame when you look at whats produced.as you can gather there was a lot of pi..ed off people :roll: :( :(
Weren't they told the same thing about 3 weeks ago, though?
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Yes ,maybe they even thought it would have been sorted by now one way or the other.
Dinky Diamond

Post by Dinky Diamond »

That would be a tragedy, the work and commitment that have gone in from the coaches and the kids/parents over several years will all be lost, recognised as being one of the best youth setups in the country they are always professional and create such a positive image for the club.

Regardless of the first teams plight this needs investing in isolation as when we eventually sort out the mess we are in we need to bring through the youth.

I could cry as all that talent could dissapear to other teams.......................but everyone connected can be proud with what they have achieved.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Have just come back from the trust meeting and the youth system will be carried on by the trust if the main club ceases to exist, but of course they cannot go ahead with anyhthing until after we know whats happening after the 12/13 th of June. If you are unsure i would ask you to contact the trust. i can imagine why Mark is cheesed off but no one on the trust knows anything more than we do. I think Mark has done a great job for the youth and everyone would love him to stay with us.
easystreet

Post by easystreet »

So we would have a first team but no youth.

Or

A youth team with nothing to aspire to.

I think either says it all and feel sorry for mark
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

easystreet wrote:So we would have a first team but no youth.
Or

On your first point the answer is not at this level, because in order for the youth to continue at Conference Youth level it has to be affiliated to a first team club that plays at that level (I think that's what HT said last night). It might well have to start at a lower level if the first team isn't there.
We all feel for those at the club that haven't received their money - who's fault is that?
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
easystreet wrote:So we would have a first team but no youth.
Or

On your first point the answer is not at this level, because in order for the youth to continue at Conference Youth level it has to be affiliated to a first team club that plays at that level (I think that's what HT said last night). It might well have to start at a lower level if the first team isn't there.
We all feel for those at the club that haven't received their money - who's fault is that?
Just to clarify what was said - the Youth team has to be affiliated to a club in steps 1-4 to play in the Conference Youth Alliance (which is a pretty broad range) - http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/fmstuff ... 0-2011.doc

It doesn't have to be the local club - as we've seen this season with the Cambridge United Youth team being London based.

The point was made about FootballCV being set up without such affiliation, but they have no more than a couple of years to sort that out.