Johnson move

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RustyDiamond

Johnson move

Post by RustyDiamond »

Matt Johnson has today signed for Dover Athletic..

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,2 ... 73,00.html
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: Johnson move

Post by BartonRaz »

He rejected Mansfield to go there.

Dover manager also said they were close to signing Porter and Miller. Edinburgh has been 'good to them' regarding our former players. http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... ws_id=4732
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

He's probably found his level now, never looked good enough in the Conference for me. Poor touch, no pace and always looked cream-crackered at half time.
Everywhere we go....
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Three Nips wrote:He's probably found his level now, never looked good enough in the Conference for me. Poor touch, no pace and always looked cream-crackered at half time.
He'll go a long way ;) :lol:
I liked him. Always tried, but sometimes got lost in the hustle bustle of the Conference Premier. He's still a young man so will have benefitted from his experience of playing full-time football here.
AFC R & D member number 34
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Good luck to him. :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Three Nips

Post by Three Nips »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
Three Nips wrote:He's probably found his level now, never looked good enough in the Conference for me. Poor touch, no pace and always looked cream-crackered at half time.
He'll go a long way ;) :lol:
I liked him. Always tried, but sometimes got lost in the hustle bustle of the Conference Premier. He's still a young man so will have benefitted from his experience of playing full-time football here.
Don't get me wrong, he tried his best but I just don't think he was quite up to it. He might end up in the Conference when he's a bit stronger and tougher though. I think the fact that he took such a hike in the leagues can't have helped.

He was destined to sign for Braintree when they got promoted because the manager there was his gaffer at Aveley but when he got the boot, the interest cooled off. If it weren't for that he might still be a Conference player.
Everywhere we go....
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Have to say I disagree. He was a decent enough player, who was mostly played out on the wing where he was less comfortable, but still did reasonably well.

Irrespective of this, I wish him the best of luck at Dover.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

jimbobjaw wrote:

Have to say I disagree. He was a decent enough player, who was mostly played out on the wing where he was less comfortable, but still did reasonably well.

Irrespective of this, I wish him the best of luck at Dover.
I agree. Considering he had played one season at two leagues below the Conference and prior to that had never played higher than three leagues below, I thought he made the transition really well. There were times when he struggled but I would never say he looked out of his depth. I think he'll develop into a very good player at this level, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him end up in the football league in a few years time.

Best of luck at Dover, Matty.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote:He rejected Mansfield to go there.

Dover manager also said they were close to signing Porter and Miller. Edinburgh has been 'good to them' regarding our former players. http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... ws_id=4732
I reckon JE is keeping Dover on side at the moment, so that when our new owners arrive with a shed load of money and save us from extinction at the eleventh hour, we'll get first the option on signing Adam Birchall! ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

i was never disappointed to find out he was on the pitch. good long throw too. good luck to him.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50