KHFC thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RushdenTillIDie

Re: KHFC thread

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Good Game That, got a little nervey for the last 15, but what do you expect with Rushden, we played some good stuff first half and were a bit fortunate with the first, a massive error from there keeper, our second was good build up and then a bit of typical tommo magic, flicking it over a player with his right, and banging it in with his left, once again people think he's off, i have a feeling he'll stay till the end of the season, we need good money for him, and his attitude was a bit off again today, getting himself another silly booking, either way if he goes or doesn't, i have faith in the others and justin to carry on and do well, i'll wait till after the oxford and K*ttering games, till i make an end of season prediction...but for now, things look good :)
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

If that turns out to be Tommo's last goal for RDFC he couldn't have bowed out with a better one. It was a class goal which would have had the pundits purring if someone like Berbatov or Torres had scored it.

On the downside, we seemed to do our best to throw it away with some sloppy defending, although I thought both Stuart and Robbo were outstanding today.
ID

Post by ID »

Also got 100 more home fans than K*ttering did on Boxing day...
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I tell you what, as well as Tomlin played, i think Mark Byrne was better. We HAVE to keep him.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
ID

Post by ID »

BartonRaz wrote:I tell you what, as well as Tomlin played, i think Mark Byrne was better. We HAVE to keep him.
A Dublin lad, I'm not surprised :D ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:Good Game That, got a little nervey for the last 15, but what do you expect with Rushden, we played some good stuff first half and were a bit fortunate with the first, a massive error from there keeper, our second was good build up and then a bit of typical tommo magic, flicking it over a player with his right, and banging it in with his left, once again people think he's off, i have a feeling he'll stay till the end of the season, we need good money for him, and his attitude was a bit off again today, getting himself another silly booking, either way if he goes or doesn't, i have faith in the others and justin to carry on and do well, i'll wait till after the oxford and K*ttering games, till i make an end of season prediction...but for now, things look good :)
I do hope you're right about Tommo, to keep him til the end of the season would be fantastic but even JE in a recent interview said he was resigned to losing him so I really can't see how we'd hold onto him even with the attitude issue, he keeps on showing us why he's just too good for this level.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

BartonRaz wrote:I tell you what, as well as Tomlin played, i think Mark Byrne was better. We HAVE to keep him.
I agree with this. Also thought Terry and Porter had good games as well are Robinson.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Was very pleased with the first hour or so.

Then things went to pot. We went from being in control playing some lovely stuff going forward to being like a bunch of headless chickens.

Still, a win's a win. Just need to sort out those nerves in the latter part of the game.
Diamond down South.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Agreed. Was my MOTM. Will be a huge loss if he goes.
Diamond down South.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Tommo's second today was breathtaking, and I think has overtaken David Bell's goal against Shrewsbury as the best I've seen scored by a Rushden player (still not quite good enough to overtake Ainsworth's volley though). As Martin said, if that goal had been scored in one of the top leagues in any country or at a World Cup then pundits would be talking about it for months, and it would be replayed on TV over and over again. Absolute magic!

I thought it was a very good performance today up until their goal, which came out of the blue really and certainly against the run of play. We struggled to keep hold of the ball after that, and although the 4-3-3 formation worked well at times, I thought we should have reverted to a traditional 4-4-2 after their goal to strengthen the midfield as we got overrun a bit towards the end.

Good entertainment though in front of a slightly increased crowd (I saw a couple of faces in Strikers whom I hadn't seen for a while) which will hopefully see a few more people returning, especially if we can put in a good performance and maybe get something against Oxford.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297