There is always another option, even if not clear at first

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bedfordkev2

Re: There is always another option, even if not clear at first

Post by Bedfordkev2 »

Gill

You can count me in just so long as there's enough bodies to share the load & enough interest! Perhaps now the worst has happened it might just galvanise support!
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Play at Raunds. The McDonalds is right next to it. :D
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Harry

Post by Harry »

The Godfather wrote:Play at Raunds. The McDonalds is right next to it. :D
I'm in.
Diamond down South.
diamond.diva
Has Liked: 91 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by diamond.diva »

Bedfordkev2.... FYI Mad Dog isn't Gil!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

diamond.diva wrote:Bedfordkev2.... FYI Mad Dog isn't Gil!
I just saw that! I also happen to be a man.

Gill is diamondmad (parden the pun). ;)
Bedfordkev2

Post by Bedfordkev2 »

diamond.diva wrote:Bedfordkev2.... FYI Mad Dog isn't Gil!
Whoops that's me not taking time to read the posts properly!
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

If we can not register for a league this year (which i can not actually believe) we could actually arrange to play friendlies every couple of weeks. Most teams have free weekends and I am sure teams would be happy to give themselves a run out to keep fit. Maybe we could even have a team made up from players without a club who are looking to keep fit. What I will also say is I think there will be big support for the pheonix team and with the right planning and support this WILL work. Even a friendly every month would help to keep the interest.
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

fentiger79 wrote:If we can not register for a league this year (which i can not actually believe) we could actually arrange to play friendlies every couple of weeks. Most teams have free weekends and I am sure teams would be happy to give themselves a run out to keep fit. Maybe we could even have a team made up from players without a club who are looking to keep fit. What I will also say is I think there will be big support for the pheonix team and with the right planning and support this WILL work. Even a friendly every month would help to keep the interest.
good thought, there will be plenty of people witout of a club in the 'craig farrell' bracket of quality
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

DiamondCarvell wrote:
fentiger79 wrote:If we can not register for a league this year (which i can not actually believe) we could actually arrange to play friendlies every couple of weeks. Most teams have free weekends and I am sure teams would be happy to give themselves a run out to keep fit. Maybe we could even have a team made up from players without a club who are looking to keep fit. What I will also say is I think there will be big support for the pheonix team and with the right planning and support this WILL work. Even a friendly every month would help to keep the interest.
good thought, there will be plenty of people witout of a club in the 'craig farrell' bracket of quality
And it would be a great way to improve our profile and possibly gain some funds for the pheonix club. We could maybe talk to Posh to play their reserve team or other local clubs.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

There maybe some recently retired people who would be up for a run out if numbers need to be made up?
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1