Are all (most) K*ttering fans that stupid!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
tech_head

Are all (most) K*ttering fans that stupid!

Post by tech_head »

Just been catching up on the poppies forum and can't believe how dumb most of them must be not to question all of this at the meeting yesterday.

First of all IL has claimed he doesn't know or hasn't negotiated a deal yet on the rent figure for NP. He is a businessman and please tell me what businessman would propose a move to NP unless he knew all the costs? He's also saying he has agreed sponsorship deals in place if they move to NP. So he's manged to sort this all out but hasn't had a conversation with KC in regard to the rent yet! He's lying to them all and yet no one at the meeting questioned this!

Next he's said it's too expensive to stay at RR as they are going to have to pay 70k/80k/90k or whatever a year, and that each fan will have to pay £10 a month for 7 years in order to stay at RR.
But we all know that the rent on NP is around 150k a year plus massive running costs each week (much higher running costs then RR). So it's going to be much more expensive then RR is ever going to be.

Also they have a lease for another 2 years at RR and although they will probably play the youth and ladies team at RR so little or no rent is paid they are still going to have to pay monthly costs to up keep the ground, so they will be paying double costs.

Lastly everyone knows that NP needs at least 1800-2000 a game to pay off. Are K*ttering going to get anywhere near this number? They will struggle to get 1250-1400 and most of their fans would admit that! The numbers don't stack up but then again IL doesn't know all the fine details yet does he!!! hahaha
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 183
Red Diamond

Re: Are all (most) K*ttering fans that stupid!

Post by Red Diamond »

It just amazes me too that the vast majority of K*ttering fans can't see the truth behind what Ladak was saying at last nights meeting, I'm afraid if the move to Nene Park goes ahead then surely it's only a matter of time before the writings on the wall for them.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

tech_head wrote:Just been catching up on the poppies forum and can't believe how dumb most of them must be not to question all of this at the meeting yesterday.

First of all IL has claimed he doesn't know or hasn't negotiated a deal yet on the rent figure for NP. He is a businessman and please tell me what businessman would propose a move to NP unless he knew all the costs? He's also saying he has agreed sponsorship deals in place if they move to NP. So he's manged to sort this all out but hasn't had a conversation with KC in regard to the rent yet! He's lying to them all and yet no one at the meeting questioned this!

Next he's said it's too expensive to stay at RR as they are going to have to pay 70k/80k/90k or whatever a year, and that each fan will have to pay £10 a month for 7 years in order to stay at RR.
But we all know that the rent on NP is around 150k a year plus massive running costs each week (much higher running costs then RR). So it's going to be much more expensive then RR is ever going to be.

Also they have a lease for another 2 years at RR and although they will probably play the youth and ladies team at RR so little or no rent is paid they are still going to have to pay monthly costs to up keep the ground, so they will be paying double costs.

Lastly everyone knows that NP needs at least 1800-2000 a game to pay off. Are K*ttering going to get anywhere near this number? They will struggle to get 1250-1400 and most of their fans would admit that! The numbers don't stack up but then again IL doesn't know all the fine details yet does he!!! hahaha
Top post. I've got a feeling that there will be some major investment in K*ttering, meaning that they will be able to afford to play there.
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Are they still hoping to get this japanese consortium? if so maybe they'll just pay for it all? Weird as it is to say this, hopefully K*ttering don't get screwed like us...it would be awful to have two clubs (four if we include the beasents other involvements) in the space of a few years be completely destroyed by three or four people. But I think that's what's going to happen. It doesn't make sense for them to go to facilities they can't afford.

Can't believe i'm never going to Nene Park again. Gutted I went travelling this year.

BUT

Looking forward to supporting the 'AFC' side now.
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:Can't believe i'm never going to Nene Park again. Gutted I went travelling this year.
We will return; away game in the Northants Cup at some point, 500 or 600 in the Airwair Stand (or what ever it will be called), could be an interesting night, I'd go for a edgy atmosphere.

It would be one of the biggest profile County Cup games in years.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Many deluded Ploppies supporters feel that the ground situation has stopped them getting into the Football League. :shock: Don't they realize that having nice facilities won't guarantee any success and championships are won on the green stuff and substantial investment will be needed to achieve that? They have a cobbled together squad, no manager since Laws jumped ship because he could see no future and I predict that they will struggle next season and finish in the bottom third of the table with ever diminishing support.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Stalin wrote:
RushdenTillIDie wrote:Can't believe i'm never going to Nene Park again. Gutted I went travelling this year.
We will return; away game in the Northants Cup at some point, 500 or 600 in the Airwair Stand (or what ever it will be called), could be an interesting night, I'd go for a edgy atmosphere.

Whatever anyone says, the thought of that is something that motivates me even more to get a phoenix side up and running over the next 12 months. :)
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Stalin wrote:

Would love that so much!
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

I think that alone is the biggest motivator for making sure the team is reborn in 2012.

It will be our Cup Final :D