FC diamonds

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: FC diamonds

Post by Rushdenjim »

AFC RDFC is too long for me :?
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Basil wrote:Just dropping the & gets my vote - Rushden Diamonds FC or Rushden Diamonds AFC for me :)
I like this.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:
Basil wrote:Just dropping the & gets my vote - Rushden Diamonds FC or Rushden Diamonds AFC for me :)
I like this.
I agree, in my opinion we must drop the & as keeping it still implies a merger of clubs which it will not be.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
diamond.diva
Has Liked: 87 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by diamond.diva »

When we were at Cardiff they were selling scarves outside with AFC Rushden & Diamonds on them. At the time we laughed & looked all indignant but maybe the seller was physic & could actually see into the future!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

diamond.diva wrote:When we were at Cardiff they were selling scarves outside with AFC Rushden & Diamonds on them. At the time we laughed & looked all indignant but maybe the seller was physic & could actually see into the future!
There were also some Rushton & Diamonds flags being sold. What was even more ridiculous was that people were buying them! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

rushdenman wrote:Rushden Cubic Zirconia
Love it! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

davealbon wrote: There were also some Rushton & Diamonds flags being sold. What was even more ridiculous was that people were buying them! :lol:
That would have been the Irthlingborough fans ;-)
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Rushden Diamonds FC for me if we are allowed it as it must be pretty close to being the same as the original and therefore infringing on copy laws etc.

I also can't help but notice that although AFC RDFC is a nice option that would mean our name would be Athletic (or is is Amateur) Football Club Rushden and Diamonds Football Club, which would seem a little silly.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

jimbobjaw wrote:Rushden Diamonds FC for me if we are allowed it as it must be pretty close to being the same as the original and therefore infringing on copy laws etc.

I also can't help but notice that although AFC RDFC is a nice option that would mean our name would be Athletic (or is is Amateur) Football Club Rushden and Diamonds Football Club, which would seem a little silly.
Not necessarily. The 'A' in AFC Wimbledon doesn't stand for anything.

I don't think we'd include FC twice. That's just shorthand being used by people until we decided upon the name for the Phoenix club
Last edited by Mad Dog on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

jimbobjaw wrote:Rushden Diamonds FC for me if we are allowed it as it must be pretty close to being the same as the original and therefore infringing on copy laws etc.

The "AFC" in all Clubs stands for Association Football Club - as opposed to Rugby Football Club. Leeds United are offically Leeds United AFC, for example.
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!